Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our 1.5 yr old girl is so inconsistent with her potty habits. I need help and guidance as to what we can do . She has a 1 yr old Maltese mix brother.. no blood relation. Both neutered/ spayed.
Usually she will scratch the door to go out as we trained her but about twice a week I have found she has gone on the kitchen rug. I have removed that rug but I know she will try to find another place.
Her brother never has an accident.
What can I do????
Thanks for any help. We love her sooo much.

·
Premium Member
Sandi-- w/Kitzel (Kitzi) & Lisel (Lisi)
17,791 Posts
Have vet check for UTI---very common problem!
Also, girls who are neutered early can develop incontinence issues. My Lisi did after her cancer surgery---she leaks, not really peeing. It is usually medical if they were consistent before this.

·
Premium Member
5,821 Posts
Shes pretty young still. Sounds like you need to reinforce potty training again. It wouldnt hurt to go back to when you started training her, whether it was crate training, xpen et. until she can be trusted again.
My oldest one will sometimes pee and once she starts, it becomes habitual. I put her in the xpen until she can be trusted again. Sometimes she will be good for 6 months, a year and then she’ll pee and the cycle begins.

·
Registered
Guinevere
1,211 Posts
I got my 3 year old Guinevere when she was 2.
I have potty pads in the wash room and upstairs in my bathroom.
She was good at using these ,then later I found she was peeing on the rug by the patio door.
It took a while but she went back to using her washroom pad. As I make a HUGE deal about what a GOOD GIRL she is and give her a treat.
I just used a easily replaceable little rug w a towel on it when she was in her bad habit mode.
Bc I didn't want her to go on one of my bigger hard to clean rugs.
She likes to pee on the cement or fake grass sometime and thats good too.
I think your girl will get better, hopefully not medical related. Some times they have a stubborn streak. lol

·
Registered
2 Posts
Our 1.5 yr old girl is so inconsistent with her potty habits. I need help and guidance as to what we can do . She has a 1 yr old Maltese mix brother.. no blood relation. Both neutered/ spayed.
Usually she will scratch the door to go out as we trained her but about twice a week I have found she has gone on the kitchen rug. I have removed that rug but I know she will try to find another place.
What can I do????
Try Fresh Patch.
What can I do????
Try freshpatch.com. I swear by it. My guy has no accidents because he goes on grass whether it's outside or inside. I wish you luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts