Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone.Ive been away for awhile,life gets in the way.
In January Laurel will be 10.Its hard for me to believe!
Last month I noticed her drinking a lot.She’d come up from the water bowl soaking wet after a long long drink. I became concerned (thinking diabetes or kidney issues( I took her to the vet and he ran a ton of tests.I was waiting for a call with bad news.The call was anything but bad.He said all of her numbers were perfect.He couldn’t find anything to be concerned about. Her kidney function was perfect along with her CBC (I think that’s what it is)
Anyhow not long after her tests and a few hundred dollars,she quit drinking so much .Shes still her silly puppy like self.

Violet will be 10 three days after Laurel.
In the spring she had blood work done and a check up.Everything was fine.
I took her in a few weeks ago to get her titered and a heart murmur showed up.
I’m concerned about this as I lost my very first Maltese the CHF that started out as a murmur.

Dewey is still Dewey ornery as ever!!

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
Hi Deborah! So glad Laurel was fine (but sorry you went through the expense of testing!). Zooey also has a tiny heart murmur like Violet. I'm also a bit worried about how it will progress, but we're just enjoying every day we have for now. She is 12.5 years old.

·
Premium Member
17,457 Posts
Hi Deb---always good to see you here. I have been wondering about you & the "kids" and hoping for an update. So glad all is well. I do see you on FB now & again!
Great news on the vet reports! Laurel, Violet & Kitzi are almost the same age & we start to worry w/aging! Glad to hear Dewey is ornery as ever! He & Lisi would get on great!
Wishing you a blessed holiday season w/your parents & family!

·
Registered
470 Posts
You’ve been so missed! It’s so great hearing about your crew. Oh and Dewey, I love his fun personality!

Our sweet Lady Bella passed away suddenly a few years ago (age 5.5). We miss her every day. We do have 2 little guys in our life now and they are a lot of fun and have stolen our hearts.

Hope you will keep in touch. Merry Christmas!

·
Premium Member
7,952 Posts
Wow! I can't believe the girls are 10! So glad to hear LAurel is perfect. And hopefully Violet's murmur will not increase. How's our boy Dewey doing?

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
Chrissy and Laci (our new very tiny Yorkie) are sending belated Birthday wishes to Laurel and Violet!! Hoping that Laurel will be ok with her heart murmer.

·
Premium Member
24,173 Posts
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR LAUREL, it's hard to believe our little Laurel is 10.
Deborah I pray for you and your little loves every morning
Do you remember many years ago when I ask for pictures for my prayer wall, well I have been praying for you and your little babies ever since.
I will pray more specific for little Violet
MERRY CHRISTMAS DEAR FRIEND

·
Super Moderator
10,174 Posts
Happy Birthday to both of your babies! And a blessed and Merry Christmas to you!

·
Premium Member
15,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Deborah! So glad Laurel was fine (but sorry you went through the expense of testing!). Zooey also has a tiny heart murmur like Violet. I'm also a bit worried about how it will progress, but we're just enjoying every day we have for now. She is 12.5 years old.
Hopefully Zooey and Violet will be around for a long time. We have them for too short of time.

·
Premium Member
15,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Deb---always good to see you here. I have been wondering about you & the "kids" and hoping for an update. So glad all is well. I do see you on FB now & again!
Great news on the vet reports! Laurel, Violet & Kitzi are almost the same age & we start to worry w/aging! Glad to hear Dewey is ornery as ever! He & Lisi would get on great!
Wishing you a blessed holiday season w/your parents & family!
Merry Christmas Sandi!! Wishing you and your family(human and fur) a very Blessed Christmas.

·
Premium Member
15,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You’ve been so missed! It’s so great hearing about your crew. Oh and Dewey, I love his fun personality!

Our sweet Lady Bella passed away suddenly a few years ago (age 5.5). We miss her every day. We do have 2 little guys in our life now and they are a lot of fun and have stolen our hearts.

Hope you will keep in touch. Merry Christmas!
I’m so sorry to hear about Bella. It’s so hard to lose them. I’m glad that you have new little guys to continue your love.
Yep. Dewey is just as ornery now as he was as a https://spoiledmaltese.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=258728&stc=1&d=1576859719

Attachments

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
Hi Deb! So happy to see you post!
I can't believe your girls are ten already. Daisy and Max just turned eight.

Time goes by so fast! That is great news that Laurel's bloodwork is so good. Yay! I have had a couple of dogs who had heart murmurs who did fine and lived to fifteen, so hopefully Violet's is nothing serious.
Hope you have wonderful holidays!

·
Premium Member
5,380 Posts
Happy birthday beautiful girls!!
Deb...10 already...that doesn’t seem possible! I’m glad everyone is going well.
Funny you should mention the murmur. Lacie just got DX with one too. They are referring us to cardiology. I really hope it’s nothing for both girls. xx

·
Registered
10,733 Posts
Wow Laurel is 10..OMG...Hard to believe..

I think they get older and drink more..Mine did that too...

Vet suggested changing food to a more senior diet and watch salt and protein levels of the food..

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
Debbie - it's so good to see you here again. I am on sporadically as sometimes I have issues getting on. Glad to hear about Laurel's tests. With Violet's heart murmur, I just adopted one of my fosters and she was fine. She had three vet visits while in foster. I adopt her and the next visit...a heart murmur! :w00t::unsure: So weird. The two vets in the same practice no less checked her three times and nothing. Another vet heard one and the first vet then checked and confirmed and she's a around a 3 with an enlarged heart. :mellow: The cardiologist did an echo and they put her on Vetmedin which I hear does wonders. I have to take her in again in January to see if it seems to be helping. She'll be 8 in January. Tyler will be 11 in Feb and thankfully just had great bloodwork and no murmur. They sure keep us on our toes. Merry Christmas to you and your family. :wub:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts