Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night we got 14 inches of snow. This snow piled on top of the snow that was already there from previous snowstorms including the 4 inches we got early in the day yesterday. We're really being hammered this year and Florida is looking better and better...

Here are some pics:

I live across the street from an elementary school.... I would guess that there won't be school today.

Automotive lighting Light Amber Headlamp Yellow

The trees in the front of my house are bent over with the weight... this is heavy, icy snow.

Snow Winter White Home Tree

This is my beautiful, little Japanese Cherry tree.... hope it survives!

Snow Winter Freezing Ice Geological phenomenon

My daughter managed to clear off most of her car. After an hour of work we managed to move it a little, but she'll definitely be late to work today.

Snow Winter Vehicle Blizzard Winter storm

There is so much snow against my back door that I couldn't open it. I'll have to walk around the front of the house and shovel my door out. :smpullhair::smpullhair::smcry:I have really had it with this snow!

Stay safe everyone and pray that this is the end of the snow for this winter (although I realize it's only January. :smilie_tischkante:)

Hugs,
Debbie

·
Premium Member
Sandi-- w/Kitzel (Kitzi) & Lisel (Lisi)
17,980 Posts
YIKES! Reminds me of living west of Chicago!
Stay safe!

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Oh wow!! That's what we look like today too...although it's been the first big snowstorm we have had here this year. Yesterday was total mayhem...there were cars that were stuck out on the roads for 12 plus hours. It took my mom 6 hours to get home from work...she was lucky...I have friends that were literally stranded on the roads until late in to the night. Thank goodness, I left work super early yesterday and made it home right before the storm got bad.

Stay safe and warm, Debbie!!! The snow does look pretty in your pictures though...but not if you actually have to get out and drive in it!!

·
Premium Member
20,073 Posts
Deb, I'm sorry you got hit again. What a pain in the butt!!! :w00t::smilie_tischkante:

We were lucky this time around, it was pouring rain and windy and thundering when I went to bed last night and this morning we had about 4 to 6 inches of snow. I didn't shovel :blush: I got in my car and plowed right through it :HistericalSmiley: - hope it's gone by the time i get home.

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
15 plus inches over here , i hate it !!!!!! i posted pics of my commute to babysitter and work this morning on fb

·
Premium Member
24,028 Posts
19" in Central Park. :smpullhair::smpullhair: Last night they had snow thunder/lightening and 49mph winds at JFK airport. I had looked out our LR window and it looked like I was looking at a white sheet -- couldn't see anything but snow. They even closed the NYC schools today. This is so crazy. I'm going to attempt to go to Riverside Park with Tyler today. The last few storms it was freezing but it's 32 this morning. Everyone please stay safe. The roads are not the place to be.

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
aww have fun , i hope i see pics !! if i didnt have to work i would have met u !! i wanna take dolce out for a bit today after work to see how he likes the snow
19" in Central Park. :smpullhair::smpullhair: Last night they had snow thunder/lightening and 49mph winds at JFK airport. I had looked out our LR window and it looked like I was looking at a white sheet -- couldn't see anything but snow. They even closed the NYC schools today. This is so crazy. I'm going to attempt to go to Riverside Park with Tyler today. The last few storms it was freezing but it's 32 this morning. Everyone please stay safe. The roads are not the place to be.

·
Premium Member
10,319 Posts
I know you don't want to hear this Deb and I would not say it if I lived there but your pictures are sooo beautiful. So sorry you are having so much snow. I saw a climate scientist on cable news and he said we had better get use to this....cold, snowy winters and hot, with dought summers because this is the new normal........Ugggggg!!!!!

·
Registered
5,310 Posts
All I can say is that I was very happy to stay home from work today being my car is plowed in and the buses were not running but my boss had other ideas....he decided to pick me up and we just got here at 12:00. He certainly didn't do me any favors!

·
Premium Member
24,028 Posts
All I can say is that I was very happy to stay home from work today being my car is plowed in and the buses were not running but my boss had other ideas....he decided to pick me up and we just got here at 12:00. He certainly didn't do me any favors!
Ugh...how thoughtful of him!!:w00t::smpullhair::faint: Hope he decides to drive you home EARLY!!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
We got another 4" early yesterday morning, I drove over it and went to work. By the time I got home last night and did what needed doing inside I finally got out to shovel at 11:00. Just as I finished it started snowing again and I woke up to another 12" this morning. My neighbor came over to start my snowblower but the self-propel wouldn't work. Why? Because mice had built a nice little nest inside the gear box and had all their nesting materials wrapped around the gears! Got that all cleaned out and got the snowblower working. As much as I love snow, this has gone way beyond tolerable. The dog yard has shrunk down to almost nothing because there's nowhere left to pile snow. Same with the deck. We are all starting to suffer big time from cabin fever!! I will post some pictures later. Stay warm and safe everyone!!

·
Premium Member
2,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
We got another 4" early yesterday morning, I drove over it and went to work. By the time I got home last night and did what needed doing inside I finally got out to shovel at 11:00. Just as I finished it started snowing again and I woke up to another 12" this morning. My neighbor came over to start my snowblower but the self-propel wouldn't work. Why? Because mice had built a nice little nest inside the gear box and had all their nesting materials wrapped around the gears! Got that all cleaned out and got the snowblower working. As much as I love snow, this has gone way beyond tolerable. The dog yard has shrunk down to almost nothing because there's nowhere left to pile snow. Same with the deck. We are all starting to suffer big time from cabin fever!! I will post some pictures later. Stay warm and safe everyone!!
My little guys haven't been out in the yard for months. I have a screened in back porch and I send them out there for air...lol. But my poor black lab, so much snow was piled up against the back porch door that I could only open it a crack and he had to squeeze through.

My neighbors tell me that they're predicting more snow for Saturday and also for next week. I seriously hope they heard wrong, because at this point, after shoveling 3 cars out, cleaning them off, and then shoveling the driveway, my arms are done!!! :blink:

Stay safe everyone!

·
Premium Member
2,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I know you don't want to hear this Deb and I would not say it if I lived there but your pictures are sooo beautiful. So sorry you are having so much snow. I saw a climate scientist on cable news and he said we had better get use to this....cold, snowy winters and hot, with dought summers because this is the new normal........Ugggggg!!!!!
I agree ... the snow does look beautiful... especially when it coats the trees. But I've seen enough this year to last me for quite a while...lol.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Um, it's 56 in Clearwater Florida, not one snow flake in the forcast.

Come on down, LOL

·
Premium Member
24,028 Posts
I think all us Northeast girls need a road trip...or an airline trip to the sunny south, or Caribbean.:Sunny Smile: :chili::chili: I'm ready and I like snow.!!

·
Premium Member
2,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I think all us Northeast girls need a road trip...or an airline trip to the sunny south, or Caribbean.:Sunny Smile: :chili::chili: I'm ready and I like snow.!!
I am so ready, Sue! Especially since I just heard the weather forecast and the meteorologist said that he's watching another storm for Wednesday and Thursday of next week that could bring another foot of snow!!!! :smilie_tischkante::smilie_tischkante:

·
Premium Member
1,280 Posts
Donna's post gave me my SM giggle for the day... my imagination could picture the whole thing.. And Debbie :w00t: I went through this last year.VERY CRAZY....and it isn't here this year it moved to your area.. maybe it will move out into the ocean next year....:chili: In the meantime your precious ladies are building muscles. :w00t: .and planning a roadtrip... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
Oh Deb! I hear you loud and clear!! Though we didn't get as much as feared this AM, and I got out early to shovel while it was still 'fluffy' BUT this shoveling is getting OLD!!! .. and so am I! I have so had it with this bad weather we've had! ( My age is showing! LOL )

PLUS! as I had posted about our freezing pipes...which thankfully thawed after 2 days without breaking... BUT OH MY.. the leaks !! You have no idea the mess we have .( I'm doing another thread on my mess!)

I look outside and admit it does look beautiful, especially at the fresh snowfall...but the damage done and work ahead... UUUUGGGHHH! I'm ready for a poolside BAR! :wine:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts