Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i noticed you were back but didn't POST ANYTHING!
how was texas? how was izzy? let us know

THERE IS SUPPOSED TO BE ANOTHER 0 IN THE SUBJECT LINE

lol too many 0s and 2s for me to handle i guess

·
Registered
522 Posts
Thanks for asking. I was going to get some pictures uploaded before posting but since you asked and since I'm feeling so lazy today.......

The trip was great. I tell ya, Izzy couldn't have behaved any better if she were a stuffed dog. I didn't give her benedryl or anything and she slept the whole flight. We tried to get her out at one point but the attendents quickly shot that down so Izzy slept in her carrier for the 3 hour flight. I gave her tiny sips of water in her bag and licks of Nutrical once or twice. She didn't bark, she didn't yip, nada. A few of the flight attendents didn't even know she was on board. Once we arrived she used her pee pad in a bathroom stall and then our ride took us on to Benbrook, Ft. Worth area. We went to San Antonio where Izzy toured all the churches and missions and the River Walk etc. The only place she wasn't allowed in was the Alamo. Go figure.

At the place we stayed, Izzy would go outside to pee and poop, no pee pads were used at all. We'd take her outside every five hours or so and she went in the grass. We had one terrible incident when she rolled through Texas burrs, we didn't know what the grass was until we picked her up and she was covered!
It took four people to pick them out and she didn't lose any hair, whew! On the way back, we were in first class sitting in the front row. The flight attendent told us that since we didn't have a seat in front of us to put her under, we had to put her in the overhead compartment!!!!!!! I threw a fit and said that they knew I had a dog when they booked us and I wasn't remotely going to consider putting her up there. The people behind us in row two overheard the argument and offered to switch seats with us, otherwise, we'd still be holding up the flight because that was just stupid on their part.

Here are some pictures of Izzy in San Antonio.

Izzy's introduction to a different culture. She fit right in.

Izzy pretending to drink a pina colada. We had her on a table in the River Walk open mall and people surrounded us taking pictures. They were pulling out cell camera phones and snapping pictures. She gathered quite the crowd. Haha

Finally, too much to drink. A passed out Izzy!

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Ahhhhhh!!! How cute can Izzy get?!?!?! Look at that lil Texan!!! What a doll! I'm so glad to hear you had a great trip and that Izzy was so well behaved!!! How sweet of the people behind you to offer to switch seats! I don't even want to imagine the look on your face when you heard them say to put Izz in the overhead compartment....who would do that?!?!?! Glad you're back!! Thanks for sharing those awesome pics!!!

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Our neighbor recently flew with her maltese and for a random reason she was being told to put the carrier (and her dog in it) into compartment overhead!! She refused and they finally gave in, but if this was me, I would be soooo angry.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Izzy's new hat fits right in with Cinco De Mayo today!! Viva La Izzy!! Glad you had fun!! They do tend to draw quite a crowd don't they?? I would be interested in knowing which Airline you flew so I don't book with them, what a stupid remark "put her in the overhead compartment"....morons!!

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
I can't believe they told you to put her in the overhead compartment! Freaking Idiots!!!

Izzy is just a doll! Those pictures are so cute

·
Registered
1,422 Posts

·
Registered
7,428 Posts

·
Registered
7,621 Posts
Originally posted by nataliecmu+May 5 2005, 02:08 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Lexi's Mom
@May 5 2005, 01:30 PM
Freaking Idiots!!!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=60129

I read that how Napoleon Dynamite would have said it, and it made me laugh...

Click here and look for the "friggin idiot" and that's how I read it....

Edit: It's in the upper right corner
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=60141
[/B][/QUOTE]

:lol: That was such a funny movie!

Anyway, I'm glad to hear your trip went well! She is SUCH a cutie!! I LOOOOVE the sombrero!!

-c

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
omg the sombrero is to DIE for.

and WTH THE OVERHEAD COMPARTMENT?!?!?!?!?! umm hello stuff moves around in there..thats like putting her in cargo

glad you found a solution, bet the people behind you were glad to get those front row seats

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Izzy is so adorable - I love the photos! I absolutely cannot believe that anyone would suggest putting a dog in the overhead compartment! Wouldn't they suffocate? I just can't fathom that - jerks!

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Those pictures are totally adorable. I cannot believe they would put a living, breathing animal in the overhead compartment.... how cruel is that!!!!

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
Hey Linda,
Your photos are fantastic! So glad the flights were good, but I would have also held up the flight if they tried to make one of my pups go in the overhead. Duh!

·
Premium Member
8,543 Posts
I love your pictures. Alex has the same little hat.

I could have told you about the Alamo. Same thing happened to me and I not even tried to get in there because I saw it so many times. Just was waiting for my husband and niece outside on the plaza. Alex was in his indognito bag. It was raining. There comes that lady gard and says YOU CANNOT STAY HERE. For goodness sake this was outside the Alamo on the Plaza. I had to go over the street and stay on the middle plaza. And Alex was in his bag, he was not going to pee or poop anywhere.

What kind of airlines was that ? Are they nuts to want to make you put your dog in the overhead compartment ? He can suffocate in there. It's getting worse and worse. Believe me, if I can avoid it, I am not taking a plane anymore. And I must not be the only one. This last Christmas we have seen soooo many people on the road with their dogs. It's the first time we saw that and we have done that travel many times before.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts