Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I've been on the South Beach Diet for 3 months now. The holidays slowed me down a little but I'm still managing to lose weight. I am now down 25.5lbs since Oct 17!

Here is my before picture (not very flattering):

Here is my during picture. It was taken at Christmas.

I'm going to try and get a better during picture this weekend.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What is really cool is the pants in the 1st picture are WAY too big on me now. And the shirt is way too baggy around the waist.

·
Registered
894 Posts

Keep up the great work!! You look fabulous!! Do you find the South Beach hard to stick to?? I heard that it entailed TONS of cooking.....

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by Sisses Momma@Jan 24 2005, 03:23 PM

Keep up the great work!!  You look fabulous!!  Do you find the South Beach hard to stick to??  I heard that it entailed TONS of cooking.....
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=31164
[/QUOTE]

You are encouraged to cook. Eating out is a treat that you should only do once a week or so. For lunch I eat a lot of salads and wraps. I use the Louis Rich chicken. For dinner I make salads or chicken breast or lean beef or a lean steak. It is not that hard to stick with.

It is also not a low carb diet. You are just eating healthier and cutting out the bad carbs. When you get to Phase 2 you can start adding in the good carbs. You just have to make sure you don't eat too much food that have high GI at the same time. If anyone is interest let me know. I've found a lot of good websites on it. In fact there is a forum just like this one that is about the South Beach Diet.

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
You look great! And Lexi is so cute, too!

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
That's it. I am SOLD on this book. I am going to get it as soon as I return from my trip.

By the way, I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVEEEEEE the second picture with you and Lexi.

Keep up the good work. When I am on it, I'll let you know and let's keep each other in the diet.

Mimi

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
WOOHOO! You are one HOT SEXY MAMA! And your boobies still look big! LOL

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Wow! Your doing a GREAT job, especially being able to make it through the holidays without putting all the weight back on!! You look GREAT!
Keep up the good work!

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Lexi's Mom, I would like to use the South Beach diet for my husband and I but I just spent 9 months on Atkins and I get them confused. After being so "into" the specifics of Atkins it is hard to work with the nuances between the two.

You look great, though, and I believe I may try again. My daughters refused to let me stick to any kind of "diet" when I visited over Thanksgiving and Christmas so I put on 5 pounds! Thanks, kids......

I was fun though because we cooked Mexican food together, baked cookies and I brought a pound of Belgian chocolates that we kept a secret from her husband and kids.
I guess I'll give it a while and try to forget what I learned about Atkins and then get my South Beach books out and give it a go. It IS a lot of cooking, though and it all falls to me to do as my husband would eat tacos and burgers all day, every day, if it was up to him.

What is the link to the SouthBeach forum? I have osteoporosis and am concerned about high protein diet (which is why I quit Atkins)

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If you want more information on the diet check out the following links:

South Beach Forum
Official South Beach Diet website

I've never done the Atkins diet so I don't know much about it. The South Beach Diet isn't low carb. It promotes healthy eating, lots of vegetables, good carbs, low fat meat, low fat cheeses, fruits that have lower GIs. On this diet it is ok to "treat" yourself every once in a while once you get to Phase 2. You try to stay away from things that have a lot of sugar. You can still eat out but it is recommended that you don't do it that often because you can't guarentee that the food is being cooked in a healty way. I have a lot of recipes that are South Beach friendly. Most of them don't take that long to make.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Originally posted by Pico's Parent@Jan 25 2005, 11:41 AM
Lexi's Mom, I would like to use the South Beach diet for my husband and I but I just spent 9 months on Atkins and I get them confused.  After being so "into" the specifics of Atkins it is hard to work with the nuances between the two.

You look great, though, and I believe I may try again.  My daughters refused to let me stick to any kind of "diet" when I  visited over Thanksgiving and Christmas so I put on 5 pounds!  Thanks, kids......

I was fun though because we cooked Mexican food together, baked cookies and I brought a pound of Belgian chocolates that we kept a secret from her husband and kids.
  I guess I'll give it a while and try to forget what I learned about Atkins and then get my South Beach books out and give it a go.  It IS a lot of cooking, though and it all falls to me to do as my husband would eat tacos and burgers all day, every day, if it was up to him. 

What is the link to the SouthBeach forum?  I have osteoporosis and am concerned about high protein diet (which is why I quit Atkins)
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=31364
[/QUOTE]

You might find this thread on the SB forum interesting: South Beach Phase 1 vs. Atkins Induction

1 - 20 of 42 Posts