Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i have a 4 months old Maltese (Lara) and i'm not sure she is purebreed. She has pointy ears (always had them like this), and sometimes her face doesn't look exactly like a Maltese. I'll attach some photos from when she was a little puppy until now. It doesn't matter if she is or not a purebreed, I love her just the way she is, but i'm just curious.
Also she has a very bad condition related to tear staining, and I've tried almost everything but nothing ever worked (it is worth mentioning that I live in a state where you can't find the best quality products for dogs, nor can you order them online due to the lack of shipping). If you have any suggestions, please let me know.

Attachments

Premium Member
Welcome to SM, your little Lara is adorable, she is definitely a mix, but oh so cute馃槏

I understand about tear stains and how frustrating it can be. Lara is only 4 months old, she's teething
so she will have some staining, be patience it might eventually go away on its own, if not try this

I have finally found something that works with the tear staining for my girls
One of our members Joanne shared that she used boric acid and corn starch mixed, you need very little, make sure you do not add water
I have a little eye shadow brush that I use.
If you should try this later make sure you don't get it in the eyes
I have a little comb I use afterwards to comb the powder away from her eyes
I have tried everything this has worked for me.
My girls no longer have tear staining the old staining has faded you can hardly see it
It took a few weeks, it doesn't cost much and you will have more than enough

Premium Member
Welcome to SM! Whatever mix Lara is she sure is adorable. I am looking forward to seeing more pictures of her as she grows with our family here on SM.
Be patient with tear staining......different things work for different fluffs. So many different solutions posted here on SM (use search). I'm sure you will find the perfect solution for Lara.
馃惥 馃惗 馃尯

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome to SM, your little Lara is adorable, she is definitely a mix, but oh so cute馃槏

I understand about tear stains and how frustrating it can be. Lara is only 4 months old, she's teething
so she will have some staining, be patience it might eventually go away on its own, if not try this

I have finally found something that works with the tear staining for my girls
One of our members Joanne shared that she used boric acid and corn starch mixed, you need very little, make sure you do not add water
I have a little eye shadow brush that I use.
If you should try this later make sure you don't get it in the eyes
I have a little comb I use afterwards to comb the powder away from her eyes
I have tried everything this has worked for me.
My girls no longer have tear staining the old staining has faded you can hardly see it
It took a few weeks, it doesn't cost much and you will have more than enough
Thank you so much for your reply. I will for sure try this method and keep you updated if it worked or not. I'm also glad it worked for your girls 馃槏馃槏

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to SM! Whatever mix Lara is she sure is adorable. I am looking forward to seeing more pictures of her as she grows with our family here on SM.
Be patient with tear staining......different things work for different fluffs. So many different solutions posted here on SM (use search). I'm sure you will find the perfect solution for Lara.
馃惥 馃惗 馃尯
Thank youu 馃槏馃槏

1 - 5 of 5 Posts