Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i love every opportunity i can get to take a picture of parker, and 4th of july was a good excuse!

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i put the red and blue softpaws on for an extra touch! :D

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i took them...i sort of do it as a hobby. thanks for the comments

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow, LadyMontava!!! I looked at the pics. on your webpage and I wish I could take pics. of Casper like that

i wish i could take them for you...i love to take doggy pics! thanks all!

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
nichole-i'm about to share my secrets
j/k...ok, for small dogs the backdrop is pretty easy...i just use material about 3 yards and drape it over the couch, being sure there is no wrinkles b/c they create shadow. large dogs you have to move towards table cloths etc. now keep in mind for Parker who is very still and does what i say...it took about 50-100 shots to get poses i like and lighting. as far as my light set up there are these light bulbs called photoflood lights..you can get them in a photo store for 12 bucks but i got mine on ebay real cheap:bulbs these bulbs are very bright and very hot. ( it is a white light not a yellow light like reg. bulbs) b/c they getso hot you have to turn them off b/w snapshots if you have a difficult subject b/c you will be sweating up a storm. i use 2 bulbs most of the time, but have gotten by with just one. with 2bulbs you move them around until their shadows pretty much cancle each other out. i dont use a dog for this process i use an object about the same size. now you cant use these in a normal light socket, when i first started this we used shop light fixtures or a reptile light fixture:reptile light *it is important for the light to have a ceramic or porcelain socket! so for the whole set up you can do it for as cheap as $20. me and my mom started doing this about 4 years ago taking pics of her dogs for xmas cards. i just posted some older cards for you to see:cards

·
Registered
831 Posts
Beautifull pictures, Ladymontava. Parker is a very good looking 'model'. :D

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i used photoshop to make the cards and then i printed them out at eckerds, but any place that will print digital prints will do. there are also online places that are good like snapfish.com yes i send cards out with him for just about every holiday. i missed mardi gras..i have a crown but wanted to make him a cape but never got around to it, but will do it next year. my mom says if i keep it up i can make a calender. you dont need a great camera to get descent photos, but i have a professional one now. the super man pic was taken w/ a 2.1 megapixl. now i have a 6 mp. good luck cant wait to see the pics.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts