Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Hmm...looks interesting...Brink would be like Peanut and want me in there
...I still have reservations about it though...

·
Registered
608 Posts
Can't quite see Tunder enjoying that however I know my son and a few of his friends who would love it...
And the best part no water on the floor after Evan's shower.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Oh, why didn't I come up with this first?

PS: It kind of reminds me of something out of the Jetsons.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts

I think I may be the only one that is more than "iffy" about this for our breed. How do they regulate the water not goiing into the eyes...not to mention soap. I don't like how their video doesn't show the entire process. Just because someone's child sat inside with the dogs does not make me believe that it's safe. I think's it's a marketing scheme that is using the logic "oh if their children can sit inside then it must be safe" But come on! Your child will understand your words and know what this thing is... Imagine our dogs- all the PetSpa is to them is a GIANT lock box, and they don't understand why they are locked in and sprayed down. I just dunno...

In my opinion, nothing beats bathing your dog yourself...

THe benefits are: to check for any questionable spots, skin issues, cuts, or fleas. Also, bonding time.

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
one of our local pet stores has one but i've never seen a dog in it

·
Registered
17,036 Posts
I think Sassy and I will pass on this one. I would never get the tangles combed out.
May be ok for short haired breeds but I don't think Maltese or other long haired breeds will be able to use the machine.

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
I don't think Scooby would go for it either, he would be absolutely horrified at being shut in there and when the water etc started he would have a total hissy fit. I doubt I could consider doing that to him as he would hate me forever after.

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
Yikes! Naddie would FREAK!..(she doesn't like being enclosed..hates heavy rain...and I wonder about the noise of the blower for the drying process).
The videos dpn't impress me as they only did "clips", didn't show a pet from the second the "machiine" started . It says "medications" can be integrated..hmmm I sure wouldn't want medicated shampoos going into the eyes!

I was just thinking I kow a gal with a Lhasa. She said this last couple of groomings her poch has started to tremble when going. ( 7 yrs old and never minded before) .She said the groomer is now using a new "whirlpool" as part of the grooming...but I'm wondering if it isn't this type of thing...I'll have to check more.

I personlly think it seems "cruel".. to enclose a pooch with no way of escape and they suddenly have water ( and I assume ther must be quite a force behind the water to get the suds out! That's why I wish they showed a pooch thru the onset of the water and the rinse and the drying...rather than 'capturing" moments.

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
As I was watching the video's (which show you nothing and no sound!!) I think I actually heard Pacino laughing!!!! Along with "yeah, right, Mom, Like I am gonna really get into that....do ya think?" LOL
Between me, our sink and our groomer, Pacino is just fine.

Marie & Pacino

1 - 19 of 19 Posts