Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!!
Can I tell you all that I honestly feel like I'm "expecting".
I just turned 23 and I'm living with friend I used to work with and we are both so excited to get our dogs! I've never had 'my own' dog and I honestly think people think we are both having babies. Last weekend we walked around with little pictures of them and we called them our "ultrasound's!" :D Next Thursday just seems so far away.
I just keep telling myself they aren't old enough to leave their mom... The breeder is taking them to the Vet again Friday so I will be anxious to hear how they are!
I've been getting the apartment ready for the dogs... over the weekend I bought cute little dog bowls, a harness, collar, leash, and a pink heart dog tag. Last night I went out and bought a crate, and the cutest 'blankie' from the baby section at Target! AND... yesterday in the mail I got my dog carrier from PetSmart! I still need all my grooming necessity's, food, treats, and litter... I'm holding off until next week just to give myself something to look forward too! Well I thought I would just share some of my new mommy excitement! :D :D
OH! My roomie changed the name of her dog... we now have Martini and Milo

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Congrats! I remember how hard it is waiting. It seems like it is never going to get there. I compensated by buying tons of stuff for Lexi. Hang in there! Thursday will be here before you know it.

·
Registered
939 Posts
A hint on that blanket, I know this sounds weird, but sleep with the blanket (maybe on your pillow) and it will get your scent. When you bring the puppy home and need to leave him in the crate the blanket will have your scent on it and he won't be so lonely.

Judi

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Now I'm excited, too! It takes me back to Pico's baby days.................That was a really good hint about you sleeping with the baby blanket and putting your scent on it.

It also sounds as though you have a very good, caring breeder. Just to be on the safe side, get a tube of Nutrical because sometimes these tiny babies don't eat well and you will want to be able to give them a little nutritional boost so they don't get hypoglycemic (low blood sugar). Pico had a hypoglycemic episode with his original owner (my granddaughter) and my daughter had to rush home when the babysitter called her and take him to the vet. These wee ones are very different from larger dogs so it is good that you found SM......you'll be able to get quick advice when you need it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts