Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We all come here...we come and post and yes, we disagree sometimes and yes it does get heated. But...jeez, do we need to resort to rudeness and sarcasm? With our home growing..I know we'll get some of this happening but it's discouraging. I am guilty of getting involved in heated topics but I hope I've not resorted to being rude and making snide comments to berate someone...not even as a joke. Words hurt and no matter if people are being "sensitive" or not...it is unnecessary to stoop to lows. I hope that at the end of the day here, even after disagreements...we can all treat each other with respect and kindness. I guess I just needed to vent. I am logging off here in a few minutes, and I hope when I come back in the morning I see posts that are respectful and more typical of this forum. *sigh* what a way to end the day.
I am sorry if any newbie posters came on today and witnessed anything that would discourage them from posting. Normally disagreements don't end in such a manner.

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
i think i missed something....

anyways, i'm sorry you feel that way
i'm a bit confused about what you're talking about, but i'm sure it wasn't intentional... i hope this doesn't make you want to leave SM

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no, no I won't leave. Sometimes I do take time outs to regain my perspective ...it's like a REAL life family..we bicker but in the end we are a unit. I am sure you'll find the post on your own...if Joe doesn't get a hold if it before then.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Originally posted by Triste@Apr 17 2005, 08:59 PM
no, no I won't leave. Sometimes I do take time outs to regain my perspective ...it's like a REAL life family..we bicker but in the end we are a unit.  I am sure you'll find the post on your own...if Joe doesn't get a hold if it before then.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=53573
[/QUOTE]

I'm unsure too.... I hope it wasn't me

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
nope wasnt u
it is obvious when it is found.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Originally posted by Triste@Apr 17 2005, 06:54 PM
We all come here...we come and post and yes, we disagree sometimes and yes it does get heated. But...jeez, do we need to resort to rudeness and sarcasm? With our home growing..I know we'll get some of this happening but it's discouraging. I am guilty of getting involved in heated topics but I hope I've not resorted to being rude and making snide comments to berate someone...not even as a joke. Words hurt and no matter if people are being "sensitive" or not...it is unnecessary to stoop to lows. I hope that at the end of the day here, even after disagreements...we can all treat each other with respect and kindness. I guess I just needed to vent. I am logging off here in a few minutes, and I hope when I come back in the morning I see posts that are respectful and more typical of this forum. *sigh* what a way to end the day. 
  I am sorry if any newbie posters came on today and witnessed anything that would discourage them from posting. Normally disagreements don't end in such a manner.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=53570
[/QUOTE]

I agree with what ur saying. People should post respectfully. I think I found the post ur talking about. But in all fairness maltease's first post was just a general comment. Ur the first one to single her out and made a rude comment to "let it go". I think it's time for the

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
WAIT..."let it go" is rude? HUH?
COME ON!

***throws hands up in the air*** I dunno what the heck to do...jeez

·
Registered
43 Posts
Originally posted by Triste@Apr 17 2005, 06:09 PM
  COME ON!

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=53580
[/QUOTE]

I am offended!! I do not appreciate you calling my lord and savior "jeez!" Also, you should always captialize his name: Jesus!

Just kidding, don't get mad! :D

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by MaltTease+Apr 17 2005, 09:25 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Triste
@Apr 17 2005, 06:09 PM
  COME ON!

I am offended!! I do not appreciate you calling my lord and savior "jeez!" Also, you should always captialize his name: Jesus!

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=53590
[/B][/QUOTE]

Then just STOP antagonizing the situation!

·
Registered
43 Posts
  COME ON!

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=53590

Then just STOP antagonizing the situation!

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=53592

I'm not antagonizing, just making a joke. Please do not get upset. Just smile; LIFE IS GOOD!

·
Registered
7,621 Posts

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
I am not upset, nor amused....more like ANNOYED! I agree life is GOOD!
Contribute something positive or go to bed...
Please?!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Originally posted by tlunn@Apr 17 2005, 06:33 PM
Please?!

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=53599
[/QUOTE]

Now, now, that is certainly NOT positive, tlunn.

Whether or not you or anyone else is amused, I am still entitled to free speech just the same as anyone else. Just b/c a joke failed does not mean I should be censored.

Ok, goodnight!

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by MaltTease+Apr 17 2005, 09:37 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-tlunn
@Apr 17 2005, 06:33 PM
Please?!

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=53599
Now, now, that is certainly NOT positive, tlunn.

Whether or not you or anyone else is amused, I am still entitled to free speech just the same as anyone else. Just b/c a joke failed does not mean I should be censored.

Ok, goodnight!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=53602
[/B][/QUOTE]

We don't censor NOR do we ban people on this board. It is posts such as yours that would entitle someone to have to even CONSIDER it.

Oh, and FYI...that WAS positive for me...I was thinking MUCH more negatively.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
it surely is past their bedtime...immature as they are acting. I am now sure more than ever it is Jay or the like.
Got nothing better to do than come here and check us out eh? :lol:

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
I hope this forum doesn't turn into MO! If I found the right post - it had the FYI abbrev. , which to ME was not offensive. My 9 year old uses it all the time. Sorta like LOL to me. It seemed like LadyMontana started the bitter comments?! I don't know maybe a different post, but lets all please try to post with respect. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't speak is what my Grandmother always said! Let's just chalk it up to maybe we all took things alittle wrong and forget it.

I think the hole was about when you said you were going to hibernate, triste.

I think some have said some things they shouldn't have, even if in just defense.

I appriecate everyone's help on here even if advice was different from someone else's - at least I had options to choose from that was right for me!! So thanks to everyone and Let's agree to just disagree sometimes!

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Can I offer a few words of advice? I have not read the "offensive" posts...nor do I care to at this point. I think that sometimes it's best just to walk away from (or in this case, not click on) a situation when things get a little too nasty. I know we all value the ability to speak freely, and that's what makes this site so wonderful. Please take the higher road and just don't engage in negative "conversation."

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.