Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello SM

Some might know me, others might not.

Let me warn ya, I am not the typical furry/fluffy/puffy furbaby, so I hope my photos wont scare you......*scroll down*

I am a very harmless and peaceful creature. I do not snap, I do not bite, I do not hurt. I do, however, hide. In fact, hiding in my shell is one of my very favorite hobby when I see many people.

I am a Red-eared sliders turtle.

I've been living with Kat & the malts for more than 3 years now. I don't interact with the malts at all. I mind my own business and the malts can't reach me since I live in my own house... turtle water tank in the living room. I keep the living room lively :D You hear digging noises in the morning. When you come to me, you see me enjoying my time, digging through my house' stones! That is another hobby of mine ^_^
The one and only time (a second or less) Crystal was allowed to try very little, very little, to get closer to me was when she was around 6 months old in this video, but that was about it!

Few nights ago, I had a little photo-shoot outta ma turtle house.

I decided to be outta my sell for this photo-shoot because I wanted to appear here and thank a special little lady for sharing her beautiful pictures.

Why are you wondering I decided to thank her personally? awwwh! because this pretty, from inside and out, little lady asks about me from time to time :wub: I was surprised when she, one day, asked about ME for the very first time :w00t: ... I find it so very sweet :wub:

She is way too pretty for me.

In my eyes, she is a princess and I am just..........a turtle!

If only fairy tales can turn into reality, this is what will happen:
one kiss from Princess Pearlan will turn me into a handsome prince :wub: that will be a dream comes true :D

But since I am living the reality, I can only be Princess Pearlan's very good online-friend.

Thank you for caring about me, princess. And thank you for looking everybody

Apologies if I looked too freaky for anyone :blush:
Bubble the turtle

ps. The living room isn't the same without our little Bubble :no2: I actually don't leave the living room without saying *good bye* to this small creature :p :wub:

Edited: Added the bellow video for anyone interested in it

Are they wild water turtle, Suzi? Gosh reading *huge* reminded me of the very huge tortoise (land turtle) I hand fed in Germany last July :w00t: For a reason I don't know, that tortoise left all the plants that were close to him/her and decided to come to the plant that is right next to my feet :w00t: As the huge tortoise got closer and closer, I noticed that he/she was hesitant to get even closer. Before I mentally realized it, the plant that was next to me reached his/her mouth via my arms :w00t: (I actually took the the little plant that was close to my feet and fed it) then I went to realizing: "wow! I am feeding this huge tortoise" .. oh that was incridible because it went eating without being scared! and guess what? I DID take a video of that :HistericalSmiley: Thankful that my tiny camcorder was in my pocket. I MUST share that video so that you can see it!!!

awwwh, I love your three darling fluffs and send them my kisses :wub:
If interested, take a look at what I was talking about above ^

I uploaded it few minutes ago :D

·
Registered
5,433 Posts
Bubble you are so cute :heart: I'll bet that your Mummy loves taking your picture because you stand so nicely and still for her :thumbsup: What lovely colours you are.

Loved the video too :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Awwww, I just love turtles. So cute. Especially the little ones like Bubble. I have some reptiles too. I have 9 pet snakes, but I will spair SM and won't post pics. Thanks again for sharing Bubble with us. I love that you have lots of variety of pets. You should post some of your piggy too!

·
Premium Member
15,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bubble you are so cute :heart: I'll bet that your Mummy loves taking your picture because you stand so nicely and still for her :thumbsup: What lovely colours you are.

Loved the video too :biggrin:
awwh Maureen, it is very easy to snap his pictures. He stays still longer than the malts, that is for sure :D

·
Premium Member
15,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awwww, I just love turtles. So cute. Especially the little ones like Bubble. I have some reptiles too. I have 9 pet snakes, but I will spair SM and won't post pics. Thanks again for sharing Bubble with us. I love that you have lots of variety of pets. You should post some of your piggy too!
Thanks Becky ... awwh yes, I love my pets so much :wub: I sure gotta share some new pictures of the guinea pigs, Storm, Statue and Anishtina :wub:

I read that you also have a variety of pets. you sure can share here ;)
I wish that I can be brave enough in front of snakes :blush:

·
Registered
587 Posts
Bubble is very cute! Reptiles are awesome. I used to always drag my family to the snake house at the zoo.

My sister got newts (a type of salamander) around 15 or so years ago. One of them is still alive and lives with my parents!

He's dark brown with pink spots on his belly.

·
Premium Member
11,148 Posts
Bubbles got a photoshoot.:aktion033: Awesome Kat. Bubbles is a cute turtle & very photogenic. Loved watching the video again. Snowy & Crystal crack me up in their search for the "stranger in the house". :wub::wub:

·
Premium Member
24,174 Posts
when I was a child turtles were everywhere, now it's a special treat to see them, Kat Bubbles is a beauty, gosh I love turtles:wub: thanks for bringing back wonderful memories of my youth.
Snowy and Crystals what little hams:wub: around the camera, your video made me smile at the thought of them seeing Bubbles.

·
Premium Member
10,319 Posts
Bubbles is just beautiful and looks so clean and spotless. He must trust you to let you take pictures without retreating into his shell~~Is it a he or she, I can never tell. What were Snowy and Crystal doing while you were taking pictures? Did you put them into another room so he would feel stress free? LOL!!! :wub:Love your Bubbles!!!!!

·
Premium Member
8,106 Posts
Aww, I love his red ears. So cute is Bubbles. Guinea pigs!!! I love them. Growing up we had one named Dumpy. I love the noises they make.
xoxoxoxoox

·
Premium Member
4,130 Posts
OMG!! there is Bubble!!:chili::chili::chili::chili::chili:
Bubble, it's sooo nice to see you and i'm glad you had some time out of your little house for special photos!!:aktion033:

we just loved you when we first saw the video and are glad that you are doing well and enjoying life!! :partytime:
oh my, your colors are so pretty too, it was hard to see them in the video, what a very handsome turtle you are!!:wub:

Princess Pearlan will have to post more pics if that means we get to see you more, LOL:HistericalSmiley::HistericalSmiley:

thanking your sweet Mom for such great pics!!:ThankYou:
hugs to you, your Mommy, brother and sister!!:wub::wub::wub::wub:

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
WOW! Now those are some awesome pictures! Bubbles is clearly a beautiful little turtle and very photogenic - love the colors! Thank you so much for sharing Kat!! I feel like I know a little more about the smallest little critter in your gang :)

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Hi Kat! Thanks for sharing pics of your Bubbles.
He is very handsome! What great vibrant colours he has.
Bubbles can post as many pics as he likes! :)
Maybe a pic of his house?

My Red Eared crew were Sebastian, Reginald, Oswald, & Ferdinand.
Guess I had a knack at naming turtles! :HistericalSmiley:

And the music in your video is very funny!

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Oh my goodness, he's beautiful...I never saw a turtle that pretty. :wub: Next maybe we'll see HIM driving the car like Snowy.:HistericalSmiley: I love your videos Kat. Thanks for sharing those pix.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Aww Kat! Bubbles is beautiful :wub: How old is he? I had a few(not at the same time) red ear slider turtles when I was really young too...I was obsessed with turtles! I think they're really awkward and humorous haha..However..they all left me for reasons that I cannot figure out :( So I just gave up keeping one.

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
Kat - thanks so much for introducing us to BUBBLE. He (is it a he?) is really beautiful. We used to have little turtles when I grew up and then I think box turtles at school. Then I think they banned them here in the US because of salmonella. Anyone else remember that? I love seeing wild turtles in the country in Vermont. There's something so regal and prehistoric about some of them. Thanks for sharing. And I just love the video of S&C on their investigative journey. Cutest detectives ever.:chili:

·
Premium Member
2,210 Posts
Kat....oh my gosh, I forgot all about Bubble until now! That video brought back lovely memories! Bubble is a great little creature. My dad has huge snapping turtles near his ponds. Cody, Mandy, and Josey don't like them. "Mommy, I wike Kat's Bubble. He's neat. He's so widdle compared to da big jigantic turtles on gwandpa's pwace. He's just our size. I wub his colowrs too."

·
Premium Member
15,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
aaaaaaa :smpullhair:

I wrote a very long response to at least evey post...when I clicked on submit, I was logged out automatically :smpullhair: it asked me to put on my username and password, but even when i did, my submission was not complete!!!! and everything I wrote was GONE :smilie_tischkante:

I will respond later today :smpullhair:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts