Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I got a surprise package in the post today. It's a shirt w/ the Spoiled Maltese logo embroidered on it.Cool!!!! It's from Heartmadeforyou. I love it. Thanks so much!!!

Then I got a neat surprise with a patina on a ring I was working on. It's shibuichi,a japanese alloy,I mixed myself. Has a palladium silver mermaid,starfish,seahorse. It came out a neat rainbow colour.

I also got my project done, a Palladium /silver thimble w/ 2 maltese and an art nouveau lady on it.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,111 Posts
Cool rainbow effect with that ring! What is the stone in it?

B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L thimble! Wow. Your lady is sooo Mucha and the malts on the back are a sweet surprise. I'm going to have to send a link to the picture to hubby with a hint, hint, hint... ;-)

I hope the shirt fits. You are a pretty cool chick and I'm so glad to have met you out here on the forum!

·
Registered
10,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool rainbow effect with that ring! What is the stone in it?

B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L thimble! Wow. Your lady is sooo Mucha and the malts on the back are a sweet surprise. I'm going to have to send a link to the picture to hubby with a hint, hint, hint... ;-)

I hope the shirt fits. You are a pretty cool chick and I'm so glad to have met you out here on the forum!

It's Mystic topaz,I love the rainbow colours. It matches the stone actually. shibuichi will generally tun a cool purple colour but I tried a different patina and heat technique. I love how it came out.Just need to get my camera worked on,I bumped it one day and the auto focus isn't working right.
I need to send it in but can't wait for a month to get it back. Hate being w/o a camera....

I'll have to post my rose fairy ring,the base is palladium silver,the rose is multi coloured shibuichi. The fairy will be palladium silver as well as the buterfly on th epedal. Have to figure out what stones to use in the middle and butterfly.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Sounds like you had an excellent day... nice shirt and your artwork is gorgeous!!!! Will the patina last? Will you be able to recreate that mix to make it happen again? I love happy accidents :)

·
Registered
10,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sounds like you had an excellent day... nice shirt and your artwork is gorgeous!!!! Will the patina last? Will you be able to recreate that mix to make it happen again? I love happy accidents :)
I melted up enough of the alloy to do maybe a dozen rings.It's an established forumula so hopefully I can do it again. The patina should last a while. I'm wearing it now to test it. I'm planning to test some scrap in Tarnex to see if it comes off easily.

Came out really neat. I did a similar patina on a shibuichi cicada pendant and a bat pendant about 5 years ago and it's still ok yet.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
I got my Spoiled Maltese Shirt and Badge yesterday too. I just love the SM Logo and design Miki made ! Also your jewelry designs are awesome ! Can you tell me are your pieces nickel-free?

tHANKS FOR SHARING!

·
Premium Member
1,466 Posts
BEAUTIFUL rings!!! I love the colors!!! I got my spoiled maltese badge yesterday. I didn't know there was a shirt, cause I woulda got that too!

·
Registered
10,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I got my Spoiled Maltese Shirt and Badge yesterday too. I just love the SM Logo and design Miki made ! Also your jewelry designs are awesome ! Can you tell me are your pieces nickel-free?

tHANKS FOR SHARING!

All my pieces are nickel free. I have a high metal sensativity so I just make all jewellery nickel free because of that.
the shubuichi is 70% copper,20 % silver and 10% gold. But so far I haven't had a reaction to the copper part. Must be the patina added. Metals develope a patina to protect it's self from the elements so may that's why..
Metal sensativity is also why I never make pieces in 10kt gold,you really don't save money by using lower carat gold,unless you were making something really heavy,like a man's bracelet.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
All my pieces are nickel free. I have a high metal sensativity so I just make all jewellery nickel free because of that.
Good to know!!!! I just developed a nickel allergy not too long ago...used to only be able to wear 14k but now can't even wear that anymore. My jeweler said had to be platinum, but tried a cute pair of earrings simply marked 'nickel free' and was good to go (whew, cuz platinums totally off the charts expensive)

So where are you guys getting the SM shirts and badges...is this something to go with the upgraded memberships?

·
Registered
10,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Good to know!!!! I just developed a nickel allergy not too long ago...used to only be able to wear 14k but now can't even wear that anymore. My jeweler said had to be platinum, but tried a cute pair of earrings simply marked 'nickel free' and was good to go (whew, cuz platinums totally off the charts expensive)

So where are you guys getting the SM shirts and badges...is this something to go with the upgraded memberships?
I try to use 18 kt or higher in yellow gold. White gold too. Nickel is generally found in white gold ,so I use palladium alloyed white gold. It's whiter and it doesn't require rhodium plating to make it whiter. White gold will have a sllightly yellowish cast so it's genrally phodium plated.

I usually can't wear commercially produced 14 kt yellow or white gold,but I can wear mine. My 14 kt is closer to 16,since I always melt in a little extra 18 to bring it up a bit,still retains the strength of 14 kt w/o the issues of allergies...

·
Registered
10,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Miki at Heartmadeforyou makes the shirts and badges.

·
Premium Member
1,111 Posts
The shirts were a special request that I did for Cat (Emmasmommy) and as a surprise for Michelle. I didn't make them available because I haven't talked with the mods about them. The deal we have is that I can offer the badges for free (accepting $5 donation ok to cover costs) with any profits going to AMA rescue on a quarterly basis.

I just can't add additional non-profit workload to my schedule right now because I'm busy with customer quilts, etc. to pay the bills so I won't be asking about offering shirts for sale. I sure wish I could just work and not worry about the money... LOL!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts