Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I don't want to seem boastful but I just have to share something wonderful with all my friends here. On saturday I went to a lovely lunch with my mother-in-law and my husband's godmother. It was such a great day - despite the HUGE HUGE downpour that occured in the middle of our ladies morning!

Well, we started driving home and were just talking until I noted that there were lots of cars parked down my street so I said "I guess my neighbors had a party & didn't invite me" well - the cars were there for a party for me!!! My DH had arranged the whole thing for my (gulp) 30th birthday (which is this Thursday) and all my friends and family had driven up to spend the day celebrating with me. It was such a great party and I was having so much fun and then . . . . . . my DH pulled into the driveway with a NEW CAR!!!

We had taken it for a test drive a few weeks ago and had talked about purchasing it in late summer/early fall so I was very surprised to see it coming up my driveway!!!

I will now feel so much safer in the winters when I drive from Court to Court on the snowy and poorly plowed roads! Meet my new car :)
View attachment 88065

My sister was also incredibly thoughtful and had a sign handmade to celebrate my lawfirm! I have hung it over my bulletin board in my home office - I am in LOVE with this sign and am so appreciative of her thoughtfulness!
View attachment 88066

Thank you for letting me share some of my "Day to Remember". I consider so many of you my dear friends that I simply didn't want to not share this moment with you:wub:

·
Premium Member
3,223 Posts
Wow, that is such a special day you had. What a joy to have so many loved ones there to share and make everything perfect. :D

·
Premium Member
24,178 Posts
Erin happy early birthday, what a fun day you had. I love your new car, your going to work in style tomorrow:chili: you know Erin you are such a giving woman with a heart of gold I'm glad you were honored by all your family and friends there to celebrate your BIRTH DAY

·
Premium Member
24,026 Posts
:cheer::cheer:Erin - Happy Birthday-to-be (such a relief, I'm usually belated :brownbag:) What a wonderful surprise having everyone there to celebrate with you.:chili: I do love surprise parties. When you don't expect them and you see little bits of things - a familiar face, then another, etc. - and it's out of your frame of reference (why are they here?) and then you realize :duh oh: they're here for my birthday!! It doesn't get much better than that.
Love your new car and as a VT driver know how important all wheel drive is. Beautiful color too! And how thoughtful of your sister. Boy, Tuesday's going to be kind of anti-climactic after all that. Maybe just a romantic dinner with DH and kisses and hugs from Hunter.:wub::wub: Priceless.:thumbsup: Or a romantic dinner with Hunter and kisses and hugs from DH. I'll let you work it out. :HistericalSmiley:

·
Premium Member
8,521 Posts
What a great day you had with your family and friends. Happy early birthday!!! I love your new SUV it's beautiful and i can't think of anyone that deserves it more than you. :grouphug:

·
Premium Member
17,343 Posts
Erin -- what a wonderful, wonderful surprise. I can't think of anyone who deserves it as much as you do. The new car, the surprise party, the wonderful lunch with your MIL -- so tell us -- how long did it take you to stop crying (from happiness)? LOL

Is your B-Day the 15th? Mine is the next day. 30 is a wonderful age -- especially with your new law firm. BTW -- I love the new car too.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Happy birthday Erin!!! I'm so glad you had a super awesome day =] wonderful husband, family, and friends!! :D

·
Premium Member
2,388 Posts
What a wonderful present from hubby. Hey just wait for 5-0. Then you'll really be gulping. :)

·
Premium Member
20,059 Posts
Wow, Erin!!! You just had the "Perfect" birthday!!! :chili:

OMG! :w00t:....what's he gonna do for you next year???? :HistericalSmiley:

·
Registered
13,404 Posts
What a wonderful surprise all for you and your birthday.
I know you must have relished every second of it. Happy early birthday, Erin!

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Happy Birthday Erin! Is that a Nissan X-Terra? I love those. It looks like a nice sturdy ride.

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
Happy 30th, Erin! :cheer: What a very special surprise to have all of your friends there to celebrate with you. People lead busy lives, and for them to take the time to drive over to be a part of it is wonderful...and that NEW CAR! It's great! That is so neat that your husband was saving it for your birthday surprise. :chili: Hunter will have to tell us all about his first ride in it when the time comes. :aktion033:

My husband turned 30 this year and I also threw him a surprise party with old and new friends (a couple even from his jr high / highschool years!) and he was so shocked. It really made him feel good because we don't have many friends any more now that we've grown up a bit and focused on marriage, his career, and our house. A lot of the people we were friends with just aren't in the same place as we are at our age. We have each other, though, and in the end that is what matters. :thumbsup:

Happy Birthday! B)

·
Premium Member
Sandi-- w/Kitzel (Kitzi) & Lisel (Lisi)
17,698 Posts
Wishing you many, many happy returns of the day! It is always fun to see others treat us well----and they sure did that, didn't they! I am turning 65 next week and little Kitzel was my b-day wish! I don't have any more wishes!
I hope you enjoy your big day tomorrow! Blessings and hugs as you continue to celebrate.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Thanks for posting that! Your story brought a huge smile to my face. What a lovely day that you will remember forever. Your DH is a very thoughtful and clever guy. Happy birthday!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts