Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any suggestions on what and where to buy a good brush? I still use Rocky's baby brush on him, but it's too small now. His hair is fine and matts easily. His baby brush pulls the hair. Also what do you use on your fluff when daily brushing, any detangler? I was using one, but almost done with it and have to buy another. Any suggestions on that? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
6,086 Posts
I lot of folks here use the Madan brush. I love mine because it does not pull out or break the hair and it is easy to hold on to. I got mine on Amazon.com. I stopped using detangling sprays. They smell good and get the tangles out, but also makes the hair more likely to tangle. What I found works best is water!:HistericalSmiley: (I spray the brush or comb.) I would try breaking the mat with your fingers, and then use a slicker brush on the area if the mat is not coming out. Occasionally, I have had to cut them out. Hey, I like your new siggy:blush:

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
I absolutely love and recommend a Madan brush. I've used Chris Christensen (Gold & Fusion), All Systems, etc. and my Madan wins hands down!

I love Jenny at Topline Pet. Her prices are better than any I've seen and she ships super fast.

toplinepet.com

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks ladies....I'm going there now to buy one, but which one? Rocky is very small, five pounds. Like I said his hair is soft and fine. Do you think the baby blue small one?

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
I have both the pocket size and regular size brush and love them both. Lady is bigger, though, close to eight pounds. I think the smaller one would be great for Rocky.

The blue (not baby blue) and green are the softest. Rocky's got his adult coat now, doesn't he? If his coat is going to stay soft and fine you might want to get one of those two. You can also ask Jenny. She's a groomer so she could advise you.

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have both the pocket size and regular size brush and love them both. Lady is bigger, though, close to eight pounds. I think the smaller one would be great for Rocky.

The blue (not baby blue) and green are the softest. Rocky's got his adult coat now, doesn't he? If his coat is going to stay soft and fine you might want to get one of those two. You can also ask Jenny. She's a groomer so she could advise you.
Thanks, I sent her an email. I'm thinking the baby blue one. Rocky is used to brushing, but still doesn't like his legs brushed. He is one year old tomorrow...I don't know if his hair is going to stay fine, but it still is. I don't know how thick a maltese hair should be, so confused. He's a peanut too, so I think the baby blue or blue or green will be good. thanks for your help.B)

·
Premium Member
8,623 Posts
I've tried just about every brush but Madan is my favorite. I have the pink and orange. I also love their combs.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Love the Madan, too!
I ordered some of mine from Jenny.
She was great.

I prefer the pocket size to the regular size.
I use my purple pocket one the most.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Great thread! I was thinking about searching for a new brush too. Yeager's coat is getting thicker and harder to manage now!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts