Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came across this groomer's forum while searching for puppy/teddybear cuts.
Thought I would share it. I found some cute pictures to print for future reference. There is not a whole lot that I found about maltese, but some cute cuts on shih-tzu's that are like many of us have our babies in the puppycuts. It is interesting to read some of their threads, although it is mostly in "groomer" lingo, so I didn't get most of it...ha ha...anyway, here is the link. Maybe it will be helpful to some.

Groomer's Forum

·
Registered
19 Posts
I just read some of the posts. Interesting. Didn't find too much on maltese. Did anyone read about the parsley flakes for tearstaining? Wonder if that works? I also read about how groomers hate the term puppy cut. I still haven't cut Chief. I'm such a chicken. I guess I'm just looking for all the info before I do it. I wish he didn't have such a cottony coat.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by chiefsmom@Mar 19 2005, 09:36 AM
I just read some of the posts. Interesting. Didn't find too much on maltese. Did anyone read about the parsley flakes for tearstaining? Wonder if that works? I also read about how groomers hate the term puppy cut. I still haven't cut Chief. I'm such a chicken. I guess I'm just looking for all the info before I do it. I wish he didn't have such a cottony coat.

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=44408
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they really dogged the customers asking for a puppy cute. Evidently, puppy cuts differ in expectations for different parts of the country and from groomer/groomer...customer/customer. I didn't look up anything for tearstaining, I was looking for face cuts.
There was a lot to read...it made me
after awhile b/c I didn't understand all they were talking about...

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Thanks tlunn,I found some info in the drop-coated breeds.It is interesting,although I wish they had more pictures. They did have alot of pics. on horribly matted and dirty babies.Did anyone see the one that had a terrible burn on her hinny from poo being stuck there and left.I would have turned the onwers in for sure
That just makes me mad as h**l

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here is a GREAT page with information on tearing in maltese especially. I found it informative and interesting...although much of it I had heard before. This put it all on one page.

Tearstaining information and tips!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts