Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to let you guys know- I know some of you enjoy trying new products but I ordered the chrissystems.com online a few months back and it has worked wonders for my yorkies, and others as well. They have an ice on ice spray that you can use to brush them and they have some white on white shampoo that I havent tried but I use the day shampoo/conditioner and it has made mine very soft for days. I have heard it is pretty comparable to pet silk but if you guys are interested in trying something new I would give it a try! It smells great too

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Thanks! Their prices are pretty good...I may take a look...that 4 oz sample bag with four products for ten dollars is a pretty good deal to try it all out.

I used a Biolage (people salon) product on his hair this weekend...it was a spray you put on while it was damp...milk silk or something...I don't want to get up to go look...but it worked GREAT! He is SO soft and smells so great! I bought it to use on Emily's hair too...it was just as great for her...I will use it all the time now. It is probably similar to using the petsilk stuff - they have a silk treatment too...

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by tlunn@Oct 31 2004, 08:07 PM
Thanks! Their prices are pretty good...I may take a look...that 4 oz sample bag with four products for ten dollars is a pretty good deal to try it all out.

I used a Biolage (people salon) product on his hair this weekend...it was a spray you put on while it was damp...milk silk or something...I don't want to get up to go look...but it worked GREAT! He is SO soft and smells so great! I bought it to use on Emily's hair too...it was just as great for her...I will use it all the time now. It is probably similar to using the petsilk stuff - they have a silk treatment too...
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=14212
[/QUOTE]

Yeah human products always worked great for my yorkies but I have heard of some people using it and it causing it to make their dogs hair fall out since human products have different Ph levels...who knows Im sure your will be fine. Maya is so soft! She has totally different hair than my yorkies..when we first got her she had so many mats from the pet store and we took her to the groomer and they did a really good job of not having to shave her although she is short she is still my little fluff ball, I love when she cuddles next to me at night

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
I know that the pH levels are different with human and dog shampoo, but I don't think it would effect them negatively unless you bathe them often. I don't see how it could effect them if you wash them with human shampoo every week or every other week. Just a thought.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Originally posted by BrookeB676@Oct 31 2004, 01:00 AM
Just wanted to let you guys know- I know some of you enjoy trying new products but I ordered the chrissystems.com online a few months back and it has worked wonders for my yorkies, and others as well. They have an ice on ice spray that you can use to brush them and they have some white on white shampoo that I havent tried but I use the day shampoo/conditioner and it has made mine very soft for days. I have heard it is pretty comparable to pet silk but if you guys are interested in trying something new I would give it a try! It smells great too
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=14182
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tip! Are most of these products only availble in the States or the UK? I can't seem to find them here in Canada....any ideas out there besides ordering on the net?
Thanks,
Christine

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That may very well be true, I was just stating what I have seen from my experiences and sharing what others I know have experienced as well. Maybe Maltese's are also different than yorkies but their have been quite a few yorkies who have used the johnsons and johnson baby shampoo on their yorkies and have noticed their hair to fall out and they only bathed them once every week or two. I havent given maya a bath since she is still fairly new and she went to the groomer when we got her. This is a controversial issue and I dont think there is a right or wrong, it probably depends on the dog and the coat. I think with the leave in conditoner it is not as big of a deal as if you are bathing them with the shampoo or conditioner for humans. Just my opinion from what I have seen

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by My_Shadow+Nov 3 2004, 12:05 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-LadysMom
@Nov 1 2004, 08:45 AM
Cherrybrook has a great selection of Chris Christensen products for good prices. You can shop online or requesta  catalogue.

http://www.cherrybrook.com/store/Default.aspx
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=14230
Thanks!!!!

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=14574
[/B][/QUOTE]

cherrybrook only has 3 chrissystems products and they are for thicker hair. THe best place to get these would be from their website at www.chrissystems.com they are fast and affordable.

The next shampoo Im gonna try is crowne royale and petsilk.

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
I have the Cherrybrook catalogue at home and they carry her complete line - shampoos, condtioners, Ice on Ice and other grooming sprays, plus all her brushes.

http://www.cherrybrook.com/store/SearchRes...CategoryID=4008

http://www.cherrybrook.com/store/SearchResults.aspx

Are you having trouble navigating their on-line catalogue?

I like them because they carry other lines so if you want to order, say Crown Royale (which is great, BTW) or Petsilk, you only pay one shipping and handling.

http://www.cherrybrook.com/store/SearchResults.aspx

You can request a catalogue. They are nice to keep close at hand to make a wish list!

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Originally posted by tlunn@Nov 3 2004, 11:37 AM
What does the ice on ice do exactly?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=14630
[/QUOTE]

From the Cherrybrook catalogue:

A leave-in conditioning finishing spray and detangler with sunscreen. Ice on Ice produces an unmatched glisten and reduces grooming time with a clean sweep of mat removal and detangling. It treats, fortifies and protects the coat, creating a protective barrier that locks in moisture, repels rain, dirt, dust and urine. Safe for dogs and horses.

This item can be found on Cherrybrook Cataloque Page # 66

I have a friend from another site who professionally grooms and shows and swears by this stuff. I have always used the Crown Royale, but I like the fact that Ice on Ice has sunscreen.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by LadysMom+Nov 3 2004, 10:31 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-tlunn
@Nov 3 2004, 11:37 AM
What does the ice on ice do exactly?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=14630
From the Cherrybrook catalogue:

A leave-in conditioning finishing spray and detangler with sunscreen. Ice on Ice produces an unmatched glisten and reduces grooming time with a clean sweep of mat removal and detangling. It treats, fortifies and protects the coat, creating a protective barrier that locks in moisture, repels rain, dirt, dust and urine. Safe for dogs and horses.

This item can be found on Cherrybrook Cataloque Page # 66

I have a friend from another site who professionally grooms and shows and swears by this stuff. I have always used the Crown Royale, but I like the fact that Ice on Ice has sunscreen.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=14646
[/B][/QUOTE]

I know many yorkie people who have worked wonders on their yorkies hair with this product. basically you just use it when you are brushing them and/or after they take a shower. Its just a spray leave in conditioner...If you use it consistently it can really change their hair for the better. I like it too bc of the sunscreen

1 - 15 of 15 Posts