Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was surprised to see a guest reading the Contributors Forum. I thought I was misreading the information, so I went back to check again ... and, indeed, it was a guest who is not a paying member. Has anyone else noticed this?

Yung, could you please check this out for us? Thank you.

·
Premium Member
10,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Maybe they named themselves Guest? LOL
Good point! However, if you scroll down the list of forums to the members online ... and, then click on the member icon to the left ... you can see which forums are being read. The members names are in bold print ... including members who are not paying members. However, the guests who are not members are not in bold print.

Please correct me if I am wrong Yung.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Could it be perhaps be because a member has chosen to be invisible? I have selected the "invisible" option so that when you look at who is online you don't see my name. Maybe those of us who have opted for invisible status appear as though we are guests. Just a thought.

·
Premium Member
10,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There is a secret forum that I don't know about? What goes on in there?
Nothing to worry about, Sylvia. It's just a perk for paying members. No gossip or anything like that to worry about. Maybe more for questions or something that you don't wish for non-participating guests to read.

·
Premium Member
10,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Marie, I just tried going into that forum and it just says there are no posts there.

Sylvia we should start our own secret forum for non-paying memembers! lol
If you go to the SM Home Page and click on Premium Members ... you can check on all the extra benefits ... and, it's not just the Contributors Forum. Personally, I think it's worth it for those of us who post and share pictures here a lot. I can understand why we are paying the extra cost ... again, I think it's worth it. And, I don't think it costs that much ... but, just my personal opinion.

·
Premium Member
4,623 Posts
I agree Marie. The benefits of membership are worth it. Even just to avoid the advertising. And if you like it here, and are going to stick around, the Lifetime membership is well worth it. Membership does have it's benefits!!!

·
Premium Member
15,201 Posts
I just tried going into that forum and it just says there are no posts there.
maybe the guest was doing the same when it showed that he/she was in that section. we'll bring this to Yung's attention , but I am pretty sure that non paying members and random stranger lurkers do not have access to the content in that section. Whatever is shared there does not appear in Google search too:thumbsup:

I know that you can not access that section if you aren't a paying member.

·
Premium Member
15,201 Posts
Nothing to worry about, Sylvia. It's just a perk for paying members. No gossip or anything like that to worry about. Maybe more for questions or something that you don't wish for non-participating guests to read.
That is true.

In late 2008, Joe asked for suggestions/things everyone in SM wished to see different in the following new year. I remember that I was one of the SM'ers who suggested a private section of the forum, not to keep it away from all other members, not to gossip or anything like that (which doesn't happen there anyways), but more for a little (a little) more "Internet Privacy" kinda thing. Let's say you wanted to share something , maybe a personal thing, with SM, but not with the rest of the world of Internet. What is shared there, doesn't show in Google search or other search engines. Strangers (who aren't in SM) can also not access it.

SM is not the only forum who has this function. Many other forums do too :)

I kinda like it. It isn't as active as the rest of the sections in here, but comes in handy at times ;)

·
Registered
294 Posts
wow I feel left out! :huh: How do I not know there is a "lifetime membership" geeze I need to pay closer attention. :unsure: What does the fee for the membership go to? Is it site maintenance or is there a specific shelter it benefits? Do you have special contest for paying members or anything like that?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts