Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Mochi
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. My 10 month old Mr. Mochimoto comes from beautiful TNT Maltese parents. I made the mistake of giving him a short puppy cut back in January and I am a little horrified that his torso hair seems to be growing in a bit kinky. Legs and tail are still a beautiful silky white. Do you think the kinky torso hair is a growing out phase, or have I done irreparable damage? Could it be the way I am blow drying him after a bath… Mind you he is a moving target so the air blows in every direction. Help...?

·
Super Moderator
Walter & Casper with Lucky (forever in my heart).
9,906 Posts
I think it is just a stage of hair growth. I should be silkier as his hair grows back. Try to use an after rinse on him. Together with a good shampoo, it will keep the hair soft. I think some people use oils also, but I have not had any success with those. There are a number of good after rinses. I use Chris Christiansens (sp?). He shows Maltese (though he may be retired). But biosilk makes a good after rinse/conditioner. Hopefully Joanne will see this; she is a stylist, and may have more advice.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts