Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Paris really likes his ring toss thing
by Pet Stages and I really like how much the company puts into each toy (thoughtfulness). The other day, I bought just about all the Petstages toys for him to play with, thinking I am spoiling him but he will be happy.

Well! Within 2 hours the most, the toys were DESTROYED. Here are the list of the casulties:

How did he kill the above toys? Instead of working the treats out by breaking it down inside the cage, he just CHEWED a big hole in the cage and dumped out all the treats.

Other toys doesnt have any plastic parts to it, so they're not yet destroyed, but are definitely not in good shape. For example, this toy
that was supposed to SOOTH him...(inside has removable buckwheat pack that can be heated). He is so fascinated by the sound of the buckwheats inside that he is VIOLENTLY shaking it from side to side.

He is SUCH a chewer!!!! I can't give him ANYTHING that he wont destroy! I've tried Kong toys with stuffing to attract him, but he doesnt like KONG toys. He's so lazy that he gives up trying get the treats after 5 minutes.

Good thing is that I always supervise him with his toys so I can inspect each toy to see if the plastic pieces are coming apart. However, each time I see the toys destroyed so quickly, I really feel it in my POCKETBOOK!

What cool toys does your dog have that's TUFF enough for my little JAWS? :new_Eyecrazy:

thanks!

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Little C is into recycling. She enjoys playing with the lids from the two liter bottles of water I buy. She also likes the clear plastic caps that come with many products. She likes the sound it makes when she throws them against the wall or the door or the floor. She doesn't chew on them, though, so I'm not sure how well those things would withstand a chewer. They are rather easy on the pocketbook though. She also dearly LOVES shredding paper. So, when I have paper that I need to throw away, I wad it up into a ball and throw it on the floor before I leave. She LOVES shredding it and leaving moist bitlets everywhere for me to find.

Of course, her most indestructable toy is Sir N. However, he is not that fond of being considered a toy.

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Oh wow. I got Peanut all of those toys. I'll keep a watch to make sure he doesn't get through any of them. Kong has a few different shaped toys now, I don't know if he'll like those though. My sister's dog is also a heavy duty chewer and she sticks with rhino bones and nylabones for him. I forget what brand it is, but there is a ball toy that drops little treats out when the dog rolls it around. I think it was hard plastic, so I doubt that he could chew through it. I'll try to find a pic.

Kong toys

Treat dispening toy

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
In our experience dog toys just don't last. We find that toys from the infant/toddler department are more fun, durable, and are held to higher safety standards so they don't have edible parts. You should see my husband and I testing the toys in the baby department at Walmart. People would think we're nuts if they knew this was for our dogs

They also have fun gurgle, voice, and song sounds that Sylphide and Shrek go crazy for. A gurgling Nemo, small stuffed barking dog, and giggling round thing with arms have been the long standing favorites.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Omigosh! That must have been expensive. The only toy Pico has chewed up is his favorite one, Kitty. He has de-stuffed her so many times I just gave up and took all the stuffing out. Now he just has a rag to carry around even though the squeaker in the foot still works fine. You should see him trying to hump raggedy kitty!

I bought him a dog cut exactly like Kitty except with different patterned fabric but he will have nothing to do with it. I leave it in his crate anyway because someday Miss Kitty is going to disintegrate into nothing. Maybe if I sew bits of Miss Kitty onto Mr. Dog?

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
aww....i feel so bad for you! i thank god that none of the dog have been chewers. i've met a few at the park and i cant let the dogs play with their toys or else the other dogs will destroy them. and i thought it was something new...but their parents say that they've always been like that.

anyway...try bully sticks. trust me..they're a life saver.
they're a little pricey compared to other dog chew---but 1. they arent dangerous and 2. they last pretty long.

good luck!!!

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by doctorcathy@Apr 4 2005, 08:01 PM
aww....i feel so bad for you!  i thank god that none of the dog have been chewers.  i've met a few at the park and i cant let the dogs play with their toys or else the other dogs will destroy them.  and i thought it was something new...but their parents say that they've always been like that. 

anyway...try bully sticks.  trust me..they're a life saver. 
  they're a little pricey compared to other dog chew---but 1. they arent dangerous and 2.  they last pretty long. 

good luck!!!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=48998
[/QUOTE]

i thought about bully sticks, but I'm not sure how they will stain (or not?) his face... what's ur experience? it's like tendon right?

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
they definitely dont stain their face.
and i'm not sure if the dogs have tried tendons. i sorta wants to say that the bully stick is like a rawhide...but it doesnt get that chewy or stringy(its totally safe). but it definitely cleans their teeth. ellie and gruffi chew on them a lot and they dont have any staining on their teeth...which is great. you should at least try the 6inch sticks.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Originally posted by Paris'Mom@Apr 5 2005, 08:46 PM
it's like tendon right?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=49436
[/QUOTE]
Here is what I found:

Bully Sticks are 100% Bull penises, Not a tendon, and not processed meat strips.  Bully Sticks are dried, lightly smoked or natural flavor and delivered to your door. We never try to hide what they are by giving them little cute names.[/B]

·
Registered
1,450 Posts

Yikes....glad I haven't been giving that to my kids!!! Eeeeewww~! Just thinking about them chowing down while on my bed, or worse yet, my PILLOW!

*insert gagging noise here*

·
Registered
447 Posts
Brit'ny loves this Easter Bunny mini-beach ball, she loves playing tug-o-war with my underwear, and she loves her legally blonde 2 squeaky pink heart

She also has 2 plush hello kitties like this
which she loves to chew on.

She also has lots of the Barbie stuff from Pet Smart and other plush toys like a play louis vuitton purse and stuff.

She must not be a big chewer because she has only ripped the stuffing out of 1 toy

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Bully Sticks are 100% Bull penises, Not a tendon, and not processed meat strips.  Bully Sticks are dried, lightly smoked or natural flavor and delivered to your door. We never try to hide what they are by giving them little cute names.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=49571
[/QUOTE]

WHAT?!!! PENISES????!!!! OMG!!!!! How come it doesnt say that in those brochures?!!!

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Originally posted by Paris'Mom@Apr 7 2005, 04:04 PM
Bully Sticks are 100% Bull penises, Not a tendon, and not processed meat strips.  Bully Sticks are dried, lightly smoked or natural flavor and delivered to your door. We never try to hide what they are by giving them little cute names.
[/QUOTE]
WHAT?!!! PENISES????!!!! OMG!!!!! How come it doesnt say that in those brochures?!!!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=50253
[/B][/QUOTE]
How many sales do you think they would lose if that was on the packaging?

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by Lexi's Mom+Apr 7 2005, 04:07 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Paris'Mom
@Apr 7 2005, 04:04 PM
<div class='quotemain'>Bully Sticks are 100% Bull penises, Not a tendon, and not processed meat strips.  Bully Sticks are dried, lightly smoked or natural flavor and delivered to your door. We never try to hide what they are by giving them little cute names.
[/QUOTE]
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=50253
[/B][/QUOTE]
How many sales do you think they would lose if that was on the packaging?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=50256
[/B][/QUOTE]

You're right.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Originally posted by Lexi's Mom+Apr 6 2005, 08:28 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Paris'Mom
@Apr 5 2005, 08:46 PM
it's like tendon right?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=49436
Here is what I found:

Bully Sticks are 100% Bull penises, Not a tendon, and not processed meat strips.  Bully Sticks are dried, lightly smoked or natural flavor and delivered to your door. We never try to hide what they are by giving them little cute names.[/B]
[/B][/QUOTE]

I dont think it's really a big deal... the meat has been thoroughly cleaned, dried, and treated so it's safe. It's not germy and there is no bodily fluid residue.

Some chew products are made from pigs skin, feet, or ears.

Its just the whole taboo of "that was once a penis!" that turns people's stomachs, I guess.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
i'd rather give my dog bully sticks(and knowing exactly what they're getting).....than giving them DOG FOOD where there's ground up penis and feet and brains....now thats gross. lol

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Originally posted by doctorcathy@Apr 8 2005, 05:43 PM
i'd rather give my dog bully sticks(and knowing exactly what they're getting).....than giving them DOG FOOD  where there's ground up penis and feet and brains....now thats gross.  lol
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=50656
[/QUOTE]

OK- i am going to order some to try it out. Hubby is like "omg i cant believe our dog is going to chomp on THAT"...but after reading more about it on various sites, I decided Im going to give it a try. I'll make sure I keep you guys updated on how Paris likes it

1 - 20 of 23 Posts