Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm having a birthday party for one of the ladies, in our Bridge Club tomorrow (a brunch) Pink is her favorite color -

I thought about using all Pink (the only solid pink dishes that I have are these. They were in the attic of this house when we moved in! They are NOT fancy, at all) - but, yikes it's seems to be too much pink - so, what if I added some green into the settings - is that too weird?

Or maybe I should use Sterling, to spice things up - Or maybe just pink and black - - -

What do you think - help!

·
Registered
10,733 Posts
I love it! But then again,I love colour. It's so festive,bright colourful and above all cheerful. Green is a complimentary colour to pink, besides it reminds me of flowers,like Impatients. Go for it!

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Pink and black. Can't write more. Driving.

·
Registered
11,074 Posts
Even though I love pink and green together, I can't say I think the dishes together would be a real showstopper.

Pink and black would really be striking. The pink dishes look to me like Depression Glass. So putting black with them would be really unexpected and put a contemporary twist on them.

If these ladies are very elegant and formal types of ladies, I think using the pink depression glass dishes on white or ivory linens would be very elegant. To keep with this motif, even though I know you are not too fond of them, why not use some of your Aunt's antique teacups and saucers to add some contrast?

·
Registered
7,915 Posts
Allie, the dishes are lovely, but I also think pink and black, would really offset each other nicely. Love you!

·
Banned
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Ok - how's this - I don't have a lot of black (Yes, the table pads are coming off tomorrow) (grin)

I'll have small back vases with pink roses.

It's a brunch (brithday), so I want to keep it simple.

Thank you!

Allie

·
Premium Member
10,319 Posts
Ok - how's this - I don't have a lot of black (Yes, the table pads are coming off tomorrow) (grin)

Thank you!

Allie
Perfect......Case closed!!!! (as far as I am concerned ..LOL!)

·
Registered
10,733 Posts
I like the pale pink and white napkins. Since they're not a bright pink ,I don't think it's too much pink.

The pink and green isn't formal enough but I do like it for spring. Too spicey?
I know the pink and green was too colourful for a formal bridge afternoon,I'm a colour nut!

Maybe save the pink and green for spring, a larger plate in pink and a smaller plate in green and a lotus folded napkin in white,but for a spring theme.

·
Premium Member
2,019 Posts
The pink and black and white setting is lovely! :)

I have some Depression glass and some so-called "elegant" vintage glass, too. Some of it is so collectible even though it was not expensive at the time it was made. :)

·
Banned
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I like the pale pink and white napkins. Since they're not a bright pink ,I don't think it's too much pink.

The pink and green isn't formal enough but I do like it for spring. Too spicey?
I know the pink and green was too colourful for a formal bridge afternoon,I'm a colour nut!

Maybe save the pink and green for spring, a larger plate in pink and a smaller plate in green and a lotus folded napkin in white,but for a spring theme.

That sounds nice, Michelle - I'll keep that in mind for the patio - next summer! :)

·
Premium Member
15,201 Posts

Thank you!

Allie
I like this better :D

·
Premium Member
10,186 Posts

Thank you!

Allie
This sounds very lovely, Allie. When everything is all in place, along with the black vases and pink roses, etc. ... it would look beautiful and elegant.

It's very thoughtful, Allie, to think of your friend's favorite color, pink ... that makes it very special and memorable for your friend.

·
Premium Member
10,186 Posts
I'm having a birthday party for one of the ladies, in our Bridge Club tomorrow (a brunch) Pink is her favorite color -

I thought about using all Pink (the only solid pink dishes that I have are these. They were in the attic of this house when we moved in! They are NOT fancy, at all) - but, yikes it's seems to be too much pink - so, what if I added some green into the settings - is that too weird?

Or maybe I should use Sterling, to spice things up - Or maybe just pink and black - - -

What do you think - help!
I love certain color pinks and green together. It's not unusual to see those colors together in upscale hotels and elegant looking homes. I personally think what would tone down the greens and pinks in your picture is using various shades of darker pinks and greens with napkins or candles, for example. And, then a contrasting shade for ther table cloth ... maybe ivory?

I love using my goldplated silverware (I was thinking you might have this, too) for special occasions ... it is always a hit and receives many compliments.

Whatever you decide, Allie, it will be beautiful. You have excellent taste!

·
Premium Member
10,186 Posts
I love it! But then again,I love colour. It's so festive,bright colourful and above all cheerful. Green is a complimentary colour to pink, besides it reminds me of flowers,like Impatients. Go for it!
I love color, too, Michelle! For some reason, I find the right shade of pinks and green together relaxing and beautiful. But, I also love blues, lavender, coral, and turquoise.

I do prefer pink roses over red roses any day. : )

·
Super Moderator
10,176 Posts
That depression glass is lovely. I can't believe someone just left it in the attic for you to find - I've spent probably a thousand hours (and dollars) on mine. It's beautiful!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts