Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, since we found out about the IAMS company issue, I have switched him off to DickVanPatten's Natural Balance food. I purchased the roll-a-rounds, the duck and potato treat, and the ultra premium food. This food makes Paris' breath SO SWEET and his poop less stinky. I am very happy with the food and may even get some of their Venison and brown rice formula later on...

Gave Paris a bath tonight. Used J&J's baby shampoo (the white bottle, the soft and pink something one, tearless) and added Lambert Kay's conditioner. He smells so yummy and clean. Yay for me. I was sending him to the groomer every two weeks before, but I am strying to groom him myself but he is so afraid. I even sit in the bath tub with him and talk softly to him to whole time... What could it be? I just don't know... This is the 6th time I have bathed him and it's just not getting any better. One thing I have not been able to do is to give him a cut. I can trim nails and eye hair, but the body; I have not ventured into that just yet. Thanks to JMM's post, I may start that sooner than expected.

As I am typing this post, Paris has just finished a greenie chew thing in record time...sigh. He is so funny when he concentrates on finishing his greenie.

I am going away to Tampa on business for one week. I hope Paris will be okay with daddy at home. My husband cannot cook at all and is not as detailed as I am about things around the house... Let's hope I don't come home to a severly matted dog and starving husband...

Got a new laptop this week. it's cute, but not that powerful compared to my past models... blah blah.... not much else going on in my life this month, except for that I hate my job. I am looking into opening an online pet boutique that will cater to a specific crowd (details won't be revealed at this time...) I am hoping to be able to do that and not ever have to work outside of the home in the future. I think that will be best for my Paris and any babies that I plan to have...

Ok- tired now... I'll leave you guys with some pictures of this evening (after the bath and blow dry):

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
Awww. Great photos. I wouldn't feel too worried about Paris being scared in the tub. I've never had a dog that really enjoyed the water. Jolie and Sadie spend their whole bath trying to get out. I'll be giving Sassy a bath today or tomorrow for the first time (she went to the groomer for the last one) and I anticipate that she won't like it either. LOL

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Glad to see sunny isnt the only one whos hair sticks straight up when its not in a top knot lol i have tried everything short for putting in some of my gel to get it to lay flat after having it up for a few days
Paris looks great though so shiny!

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
I just ordered new clippers because of JMM's post. I feel like I can do it!

I love Paris' 4th picture where he's smiling with his eyes closed. He looks so satisfied or something.

I know what you mean about wanting to open a doggie boutique. I would love to do the same and have SO MANY ideas! Good luck with everything and have fun in FL!

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
aww what a cutie!

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by Lilly521@Jan 17 2005, 11:13 AM
Glad to see sunny isnt the only one whos hair sticks straight up when its not in a top knot lol i have tried everything short for putting in some of my gel to get it to lay flat after having it up for a few days 
  Paris looks great though so shiny!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=30010
[/QUOTE]

I think the shine factor may have to do with the flash.... but he is unusally white after a bath (and we don't even use whitening shampoo here)... His hair is so funny to me! We're growing it out for a top knot -before, he had those dumb and dumbmer bangs
- and so far, it's just sticking straight up!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts