Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is our newest addition~ her name is Tiffanie we plucked her out of my MIL's backyard. The first pic is from this morning and then I just now took the other two. We couldn't find her and I had this bag of toys stashed under the aquarium in the kitchen and this is were we found her, just a snoozing away. I still have to take her to the Dr and get her shots, dewormed, etc. She has a slight case of the runny eyes and was sneezing.

Kato is a little pissed off at me,LOL he was sleeping and I was posing him. He was giving me the evil eye. :HistericalSmiley:

Oreo is now all healed up and doing great!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Please keep this cat away from any other cats in your house. separate room, closed door.

ya,ya, I know the drill. Kato stays in the boys room anyway. Kittens fine, just a slight cold from being out in the cold. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Erin, it is. Cats can have feline leukemia, feline aids (FIV), so it can easily be transmitted from cat to cat and it is deadly. I always keep my pets seperated from each other until I know they have a clean bill of health. She has an appt with the vet tomorrow morning. I don't have to worry about Kato though, he's done told me, he doesn't like her,LOL

I've had many cats in my life and KOW I have never had a cat with any of those diseases.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
A long haired beauty! hehe :D
I love the picture of her sleeping with the head tilted, looks like she's smiling

·
Premium Member
6,092 Posts
Awe-love all these pics. I love the new siggy pic of Delilah, too. Very cute kitty.:wub: As my sister said when we rescued our cat Casey, "boy, did he fall into the gravy boat!" :HistericalSmiley:

·
Registered
9,288 Posts
Actually I would be more concerned about passing an upper respiratory infection or a herpes virus. Many cats end up with significant chronic issues from things like this. Snotty kittens should always be isolated until their symptoms have completely resolved...its no fun having one with those issues, much less the rest of the house!

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Congratulations on your new kitty. :cheer: She looks very cute! I agree with Jackie, an upper respiratory infection was the first thing I thought of when you said she had a runny nose. I do hope she doesn't have one, poor thing. Let us know what the vet says! And I hope your other pets grow to love her. (love the santa hat pic, BTW!)

·
Premium Member
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Congratulations on your new kitty. :cheer: She looks very cute! I agree with Jackie, an upper respiratory infection was the first thing I thought of when you said she had a runny nose. I do hope she doesn't have one, poor thing. Let us know what the vet says! And I hope your other pets grow to love her. (love the santa hat pic, BTW!)

Thanks ya'll, her nose isn't runny, she was just sneezing a few times and of course she was in her crate. I don't do flying snot! I had a kitten with RSV before and he was never right, even with treatment. He always had runny eyes and sneezed snot everywhere, he pretty much had to stay outdoors. Poor thing didn't live past a year. Tiffanie had one eye that was a tad watery looking, but it's most likely from being in the cold since she was prolly born in late October/early November. She's actually doing a lot better and the eye isn't watery looking anymore. My MIL had her on antibotics (amoxy) for about a week before we got her. Her poops are firm, so that is a good sign. She actually still needs to be with her Mommy, because she isn't more than 5-6 weeks old. Fixing to go the Dr here in a bit.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Laura, I know you know what to do...working with animals like you do! ;) I was just saying I hoped she didn't have it. :)

Anyway, i can't wait to here what the vet says. Poor boo boo.

As a teenager, I rescued kittens about that same age. They were too young to be away from Mom as well. My best friend and myself nursed them back to health (and I was working as a veterinary assistant at the time so I took them to work like everyday!) I can happily say, one kitty was adopted by the vet and lives in the office, and the other kitty was adopted by my Mom. :)

Has Delilah seen the kitty yet? Something smaller than her....that must be a shocker for her. :D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts