Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What advise do you have? Did I do the right?

Side question: How much are you seeing Maltese puppies from reputable breeders going for? In my area the price has gone up 50- 60% in four years.

Now the tale or tail. . .

I waited four years and I have now put the deposit down on a second Maltese: recently born male Maltese from a reputable breeder.

It is tough to explain how nervous I am. I have had two rescue visits over the years and a dog inhumanely treated in a puppy kennel requires the attention I am unable to provide.

I looked and waited for older surrendered dogs, but I was never notified.

After much debate, and backing out once before, I decided on a puppy after seeing how active Caesar is at his brother's house with his brother and the stimulation of other pets that live there.

Caesar is generally not a fan of puppies but the dog will grow and the time I have spent with Caesar has taught me so much. Caesar is a bit stoic, but loves to play chase anywhere. He loves walks. He was not raised a lap dog. He likes to sit at your feet or next to you on the couch. Or even at a distance watching me. I play with him everyday, but it never feels like enough. I see him when he visits his brothers and even on weekend visits he stays active and doesn't lose the feeling of when he first arrives. He does miss me; I can tell from the way he wants to go home when I am leaving.

This puppy is not meant to replace me. It is meant to augment our home and the love and activity Caesar and I enjoy.

Please share your thoughts and feelings. I am a single male in my late 30's, if that helps. Caesar hasn't found me my wife as his mother promised, but that's ok. ;)

·
Premium Member
720 Posts
You and Caesar are going to have a wonderful life with the new addition to your family! Please share pictures. Where do you live?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts