Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On another V bulletin forum I am on, there is a "THANKS" button next to the "Quote" button on the bottom right hand side of the post. When you click on it, it puts this temporary message on the bottom of the post: "The following user has thanked so-and-so for this valuable post."

Then, every time someone posts, their post shows how many times they were thanked in the past.

I think that would be a nice gesture, and also a time saver for when we just want to say "thanks for the post," rather than type out a thank you and use up space.

Here's a link to another forum that uses it because I don't know how to do a screenshot: Thawed Ground Beef - Keep or Throw Out? - Cooking Traditional Foods Forum

Thanks

·
Premium Member
6,469 Posts
oh, thats a great idea. then you wouldn't have to quote the person and then say thanks. (Although, that is always nice - but does get redundant).

·
Premium Member
8,543 Posts
I have nothing against it, but aren't we asking a little bit too much here ? If we are really thankful to somebody for a posting, we need to take the time to tell them either by a private message or a post. After all that person took the time to write her post. I don't think it takes that much more time to write "Thank You" than to click on a button.

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have nothing against it, but aren't we asking a little bit too much here ? If we are really thankful to somebody for a posting, we need to take the time to tell them either by a private message or a post. After all that person took the time to write her post. I don't think it takes that much more time to write "Thank You" than to click on a button.
It wouldn't stop people who want to thank a person with a post or a pm. It's just a quick way for some people who might be a little too busy to write, but still wanted to acknowledge and thank a poster. It would also save space on the forum.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Well, I think it's a good idea, especially for the people that visit for just a peek, or on their cell phones. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
23,996 Posts
I like it especially when we're really busy.:ThankYou: I also wish they put back at least one smiley face on the emoticons next to our replies. It's kind of a pain going into (more) for a smile.:yes:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts