Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by Caesar's Mommie@Dec 12 2004, 10:45 AM
Okay, this is not maltese related, but still a very touching story that I read on cnn.com this morning.

A Very Touching Story
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=22257
[/QUOTE]

It was a very sweet and touching gesture ..... Maybe I am a cynic; however, it seems really stupid to me to cut off one's finger to save a ring. The ring would have been available to save ... just would've been in two pieces ... could have been melted down and made into a pendant. It can be replaced ... a finger cannot. [And then he ended up losing the ring anyway... so no ring AND no finger.]

·
Registered
489 Posts
Originally posted by Kallie/Catcher's Mom+Dec 12 2004, 10:54 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Caesar's Mommie
@Dec 12 2004, 10:45 AM
Okay, this is not maltese related, but still a very touching story that I read on cnn.com this morning.

A Very Touching Story
Hey OK, maybe I am a cynic; however, it seems really stupid to me to cut off one's finger to save a ring. The ring would have been available to save ... just would've been in two pieces ... could have been melted down and made into a pendant. It can be replaced ... a finger cannot. [And then he ended up losing the ring anyway... so no ring AND no finger.]
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=22263
[/B][/QUOTE]
They were going to cut off his finger anyway, just not as much. He's probably all of 18 or 19 years old. Young and stupid yes, but you can't beat the passion of the young.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by adorableaccentsdogbows.com+Dec 12 2004, 10:00 AM-->
Originally posted by Kallie/Catcher's [email protected] 12 2004, 10:54 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Caesar's Mommie
@Dec 12 2004, 10:45 AM

A Very Touching Story

Hey OK, maybe I am a cynic; however, it seems really stupid to me to cut off one's finger to save a ring. The ring would have been available to save ... just would've been in two pieces ... could have been melted down and made into a pendant. It can be replaced ... a finger cannot. [And then he ended up losing the ring anyway... so no ring AND no finger.]
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=22263

[/QUOTE]
They were going to cut off his finger anyway, just not as much. He's probably all of 18 or 19 years old. Young and stupid yes, but you can't beat the passion of the young.

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=22265
[/B][/QUOTE]
YEs he is 19 years old. I think it was very touching, and like you said who knows how much of the finger they could save anyway. When you are out at battle millions of miles away from your family and the people you love, its probably really hard to let go of something that you can still have to cherish or remind you of home and from the love and support you get from them.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by adorableaccentsdogbows.com@Dec 12 2004, 11:00 AM
He's probably all of 18 or 19 years old. Young and stupid yes, but you can't beat the passion of the young.

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=22265
[/QUOTE]

So true!!! Just wait a few years... they'll be hating each other and there he'll be without his finger!!

(Hope I didn't offend anyone...my sense of humor is on the "sick" side today!)

·
Banned
258 Posts
Originally posted by Kallie/Catcher's Mom@Dec 12 2004, 11:06 AM
So true!!! Just wait a few years... they'll be hating each other and there he'll be without his finger!! 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=22268
[/QUOTE]

lol.... i agree with sher. besides, i don't think wanting to hold on to one's finger means you love your wife any less. the upshot of it is he may have more difficulties pulling the trigger hence more lives saved. way to go Mr. Battle!

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
I don't think he'll go back into battle wounded and isnt your wedding hand the left one? He probably thought he was gonna die that's why he wanted the ring to be in tact and on his dead body. 19 yrs old is so young. They loved each other since 8th grade. That's so cute. But yeah, I think in the chaos of war and being injured and losing blood, I don't think I'd be in a right state of mind.

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
i think i would cut my finger off (they can put that back on too) but IM HAPPILY married

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by adorableaccentsdogbows.com@Dec 12 2004, 10:50 AM
That is a touching story. I can't believe after all that they lost his ring though.

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=22261
[/QUOTE]

The whole story is sad...
...and he is just a baby himself...bless his heart...thanks for sharing it!

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by Nichole@Dec 12 2004, 01:35 PM
Ohmigod, the kid is 19 and fighting in a war in which he probably doesn't understand.  That ring probably meant everything to him!  Let's have some respect for our military who are fighting for our freedom!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=22307
[/QUOTE]
Very well said. Poor guy, at least he has a lot of love and support from his wife. It is so sad how many people give up on thier marriage, I'd say they are pretty strong.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts