Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We left Abbey for about 8 hours on Saturday to go to an amusement park. Since it was the longest we have left her yet, I put her crate with her bed, food, water, toys, and pee pad in bathroom so she would have more area to play. When we got home that day ~ She was standing on top of the crate!!! :eek: I don't know how she managed to climb up the crate and I don't know how long she was up there ~ poor thing!
Next time I will leave the crate out of the room! Good thing I remembered to shut the toilet seat! :excl:

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Lacey did that once as a puppy. Her crate was in her exercise pen. She jumped on top of the crate and then tried to climb out of the pen. From that point on her crate was almost in the middle of the exercise pen.

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Poor thing ,Im glad she is alright.......Also a reminder for those that have new babies & might not know....Take collars/harness's off when they are in their crates or pens.
You can never be to safe with these little fluffbutts!

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Originally posted by Abbey@Aug 1 2005, 09:37 AM
We left Abbey for about 8 hours on Saturday to go to an amusement park.  Since it was the longest we have left her yet, I put her crate with her bed, food, water, toys, and pee pad in bathroom so she would have more area to play.  When we got home that day ~ She was standing on top of the crate!!!  :eek:  I don't know how she managed to climb up the crate and I don't know how long she was up there ~ poor thing!
  Next time I will leave the crate out of the room!  Good thing I remembered to shut the toilet seat! :excl:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=86400
[/QUOTE]

That happened to Miko once too. I put his crate in his playpen and went to another room. When I came back he had climbed on top of crate and was preparing to jump over the playpen. SInce this was right after his knees surgery, I almost had a heart attack - $2400 wasted!!

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
When I first read the post I thought she was stuck as in her foot got caught or something, we had to put a folded blanket on the top of Rex's crate to prevent that from happening. Now all he uses the crate for is a jumping step onto my bed! How tall is your crate for her to get stuck?

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by RexsMom@Aug 1 2005, 07:56 PM
When I first read the post I thought she was stuck as in her foot got caught or something, we had to put a folded blanket on the top of Rex's crate to prevent that from happening.  Now all he uses the crate for is a jumping step onto my bed!  How tall is your crate for her to get stuck?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=86510
[/QUOTE]

Abbey's crate is 20" high X 24" deep. It's the small Midwest size with the divider in it. I have no idea how she got up there.
There wasn't anything beside her crate for her to get on then up on crate. She doesn't even go down steps yet so I knew she wouldn't try to come down from a drop like that. When we're home she goes to her crate with her bed in it to nap so I thought I'd keep her crate and bed together. Not anymore ~ I will just leave her the bed!

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
ugh lucy's crazy like that too.

she was in my aunt's house one time and she climbed over a babygate, so we put two on top of eachother. i'm not sure what she did, but she got past that little barrier... aiyiyi.

anyways, i'm glad abbey's ok~!!!

·
Registered
751 Posts
I am so glad Abbey is ok. I know she is a little Malt and can hardly figure how she got up so high. If she is anything like Tucker she has no fear. Glad she stayed up there and didn't try to jump off

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Abbey... your avator is so cute!
I love the hair.. haha

Glad your baby is okay after a tramatic event

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
What a brave girl! LOL I'm glad she's ok.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts