Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys I am wondering if anyone has experienced this. My Zoey just turned 4 years old in August, she had tear staining when she was a puppy but has not had any tearstaing in over 3 years. I groom her everyday and on Sunday10/31 I noticed the corner of her eyes were a little red. It has progressively gotten worse. She is having an acute stage of tear staining. I have a call into the vet but I was wondering if anyone has experienced this. There has been no change in her diet or to her bath products. I am baffled. I am praying it isn't anything serious. All comments and suggestion are greatly appreciated. Thank you.
peace, sandra (Zoey's mom).

·
Registered
3,797 Posts
I can remember very distinctly when our Chrissy had that same issue and it was absolutely horrible and very, very insightly as well. Apparently, she had a very bad of dental issues which we were not aware of. Once she had a very extensive Dental with extractions, etc., her tear staining cleared up immediately. As I am not sure when her last appointment with her Vet took place, you might want to have her checked out by your Vet. Please keep us posted.

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
I have been battling tear stains with my 2 year old Nani since she was a puppy. Just recently she saw a new vet for an ear infection, we have battled it for 2 years as well, they did a different treatment in her ears which had cleared that up for the first time. As part of the treatment they gave her some allergy meds to help with the itching in her ear. Low and behold her tearing stopped! Poor baby has had allergies the whole time. Not sure if that is what is happening with your baby but like people I am sure they can develop allergies as they get older. Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts