Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! Just had a story I thought I would share with the group.

Before we got our first malt baby, my wife and I originally wanted a German Shepherd dog. I was going to train it for search/rescue operations. But, when we seriously got to looking, we either couldn't afford it, or we couldn't find one locally.

So.... I came across a maltese puppy, and INSTANTLY fell in love. Now we are owned by 2 beautiful maltese babys.

The other day, we saw a local ad "AKC German Shepherd dogs for sale".

The price was VERY reasonable and local. We waited for a while to call the woman, and before we did, a friend/coworker had contacted her and bought one. We saw his pup and just adored her.

So, we contacted the woman, went there and looked at them and bought one.

Well, the puppy (she's 6m old) didn't like the collar deal nor the leash. She managed to get off the collar and get away. So now, I've got a leash with a collar attached to it.

We've posted several ads looking for her.

Yall keep your prayers up for us. Thanks!

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Oh dear! I am so sorry!

My Siamese Lily got out a few months ago. A neighbor's cat had been bothering her through the screens and she figured out how to claw back the carpet and get under the screen. She was gone for 5 long days. I was a basket case. I took 2 days off work to search for her, but nothing. A neighbor finally saw one of my signs and recognized her as "the stray" that was hiding under his deck. She was completely traumatized having never been outside before. He had been feeding her, thank heavens.

Put up signs all over your neighborhood. We have little "mailhouses" in all the cul de sacs here, so I put one up on every bulletin board. I alao posted signs on all the telephone poles on the main sidewalks where a lot of people walk.

Call every vet in your area. If she's gets hurt, someone might bring her in.

Our animal control website also lets you post lost and found dogs.

Place a newspaper ad.

It worked for me. Hopefully it will for you, too.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Awww I'm so sorry to hear. GOOD LUCK FINDING HER!

·
Premium Member
949 Posts
Originally posted by scottchelf@Aug 2 2005, 11:34 AM
Hi all!  Just had a story I thought I would share with the group.

Before we got our first malt baby, my wife and I originally wanted a German Shepherd dog.  I was going to train it for search/rescue operations.  But, when we seriously got to looking, we either couldn't afford it, or we couldn't find one locally.

So.... I came across a maltese puppy, and INSTANTLY fell in love.  Now we are owned by 2 beautiful maltese babys.

The other day, we saw a local ad "AKC German Shepherd dogs for sale".

The price was VERY reasonable and local.  We waited for a while to call the woman, and before we did, a friend/coworker had contacted her and bought one.  We saw his pup and just adored her.

So, we contacted the woman, went there and looked at them and bought one.

Well, the puppy (she's 6m old) didn't like the collar deal nor the leash.  She managed to get off the collar and get away.  So now, I've got a leash with a collar attached to it.

We've posted several ads looking for her.

Yall keep your prayers up for us.  Thanks!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=86646
[/QUOTE]
Don't give up hope. There are a lot of good people out there. maybe try leaving a flyer with the local vets. The person whom finds the dog might bring it in to be checked out. Good luck

·
Registered
514 Posts
I'm so sorry. I hope you find her soon. Don't give up!

I also noticed that you are male. There aren't alot here, just Joe and a few others.

·
Registered
4,856 Posts
Hope you find your baby soon.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Scott, when you find your puppy (and I'm sure you will) you might try a harness instead of the collar this time.....evidently you have a much cleverer puppy than the average.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
:eek: I hope you find her soon!

I think a harness is definetely in order instead of a collar...but Brink can wriggle out of a harness sometimes too...so good luck...

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
That is so sad. Hope you'll find the puppy really soon.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by MomtwoMaltmuffins@Aug 2 2005, 07:53 PM
oh my! I hope you find her soon.  How long have you had her? 

Good luck wishes being sent your way
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=86791
[/QUOTE]

We'd JUST bought her and brought her home and she'd ran off

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
Oh no I am so sorry, I do hope you find her very soon. You need to put flyers up everywhere so that even if someone has her and intends keeping her a neighbor of theirs may see the flyer and let you know where she is.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts