Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at the Addiction Dehydrated Raw Grain Free food and it looks to be a very good food. It comes in a variety of flavors which is good since i have one that is allergic to all poutry and you have the choice of the food with grains and without grains. I'm looking at the grain free variety since mine tend to itch like crazy when fed any food with high quality grains. Has anyone used the Addiction Dehydrated Raw and if so how did your pups like it and how did they do on it? I'm just looking for something that will be easier to use when traveling with the pups. On Amazon they even offer 4oz sizes to try for a decent price.

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
We use it here- all three types of Addiction food: the dry kibble, the raw dehydrated and the canned wet food. I'm back to Acana Grasslands as her dry right now..but still use the Addiction raw and wet foods almost every day.

I will mix the Raw (about 2 teaspoons full -when ready- I make it in an espresso cup-so not so much) w/ hot water...let it sit about 1 minute while I"m getting her kibble out..then mix in with the dry. I interchange the raw and the canned food. But I've never given her just the raw or the wet by its self- it's always added to her dry kibble.

Bisou likes all of it and will eat it but she won't eat anything too much if it's all the same-everyday..so I mix it up a bit- the flavors and whether I use the canned or the raw, or if I just make something at home for her.

We've used the following Raw dehydrated flavors):

1. Homestyle Venison & Cranberry Dinner (This may be her favorite)
2. Fig'licious Venison Feast (maybe this is her 2nd favorite?)
3. New Zealand Forest Delicacies
4. Perfect Summer Brushtail

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Yes, I bought a box of the Addiction Lamb dehydrated food and also a bag of the Sojos complete dehydrated food. My dogs like both of them a lot. They had an upset tummy for one day after I started feeding the Addiction but it didn't last long.

I usually homecook, and am actually homecooking a batch today. But I've started to get tired of having to cook so much so from now on I'm planning to rotate Addiction, Sojos, and homecooked just to give myself a break...and I think both of those pre-packaged foods are fine for them too. I always sprinkle a little Ziwipeak dehydrated raw on their food too, regardless of which brand I'm feeding.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts