Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Tuffy is 7 months old now and he's awesome now.. mostly because he isn't as hard to take care of. He's a lot more independent and I don't worry about him having accidents anymore. It is so much nicer to not have to clean up pee on the carpet every 20 minutes :lol: He's a different kind of cute now too, I like his older face because it seems to have more character to it. Also, now that he's had all of his shots I don't worry about taking him outside or to the park anymore. It's not so much that I like him better now, but now that he's 90% trained I have a lot more time (less hovering & worrying) to have fun with him than when he was a puppy.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Casper is 7 months old now, and I love this age the most! He's not as clingy as he was when I first brought him home. I can actually leave him for more than 20 min. and not have him go crazy!

Now he knows to go pee outside, but the whole pooping thing hasn't caught on yet.

He still loves to snuggle and "give kisses".

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
ellie definitely still acts like a puppy in some ways---and its totally cute.

but i definitely prefer them now than when they were adults. you dont have to take care of them constantly and you dont have to potty train!! lol.

they just seem a lot smarter now. and they understand more.
i like it.

but---im also the type of person that doesnt like children. i didnt start enjoying my nieces till last week. lol. they're 5yrs old and 4 yrs old.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Lexi is only 6 months old but I am enjoying her now a lot more than when I first got her. For about 2 weeks after I got her I would ask myself what did I do! But I am so happy that I got her. For the first 2 months I had her I had no idea what people were talking about when they called Maltese lap dogs. Lexi was never still for more than 30 seconds. About 1 1/2 months ago she started to lay on the couch with me. She is now willing to lay on the bed with me at night. She just keeps getting better with age! :lol:

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Lexi is the same way with the pooping. She is starting to tell me when she has to pee but with pooping she will go over to "her spot" on the carpet and poop. I think she has only had 1 accident inside with peeing in the last 3 weeks. Pooping is whole other story!

·
Registered
939 Posts
Tiki has been a member of our family for 1 year and 9 months (he will be 2 years old on 9/4). I have to say I have loved every day, from puppy-hood on. We often call him "puppy" because he still looks and acts quite puppy-ish. My husband and I were just talking about it the other day. He was pretty easy to potty train, I think Tiki only had 4 accidents and never realy chewed anything he wasn't supposted to (except the $50 dollar bill he pulled out of my wallet when I left my purse on the floor.... my fault). And, I know this sounds weird, but he still smells like a puppy.

I can't wiat till I can add another malt to our family.

Judi

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well it seems like the majority of doggie owners are enjoying their adults. This is exactly what I was thinking. My baby is still very young and I see Tuffy who is 10 weeks older and part of the background when I'm at my sister's, rather than having to pay attention to him every second. I for one am looking forward to Palbert growing up. Which is funny, because puppies are just so adorable and such. Maybe that was the thought process I had when I saw OTHER people's puppies. But now that I have a puppy of my own, I'm ready for him to grow and become more calm and wonderful. He's not that much of a terror now anyway, which is nice. I just want to know he's comfortable in his potty routines etc. And I don’t want him to be biting me every chance he gets!!

·
Registered
994 Posts
Maxi will be 11 ,months on the 16th and i notice he is more clingy towards me than ever before and he has an opinion now ( dog style) but he is so good about going on the wee wee pads i do notice he is very active still
more so now he loves to be outside running around non stop
today we went to see that new doggy day care center and i have to tell you it was absolutely adorable they had all these different rooms of play stuff no cages and they take the dogs out for walks all day long
next friday i am off so we are going to try it for a few hours see if he likes it they had adorable dogs that i saw and i think maxi will have a good time
hopefully

·
Registered
994 Posts
Yes they seperate them that was the first thing they told me when i got there go on the website just to see
www.buddysbarkinglot.com , Thats why next friday when i am off i am going to take him there only for a few hours i want to see how he does. He happens to love big dogs but the question is will they love him and that scares me. They have alot of rules in this place, any dog that has any agression problems even the slightest they will not except . I mean i am going to try it if i dont see that maxi is into it ill go back to my other routine....When i went there i thought it was so adorable they had all these things for them to do. I did see a few big dogs and they assured me that maxi will not come in contact with any of them only little babies like Maxi.

·
Registered
994 Posts
one other thing i dont know about where you all live but here in new york this is becoming a big business because of people like us who only want the best for our babies. This place that i am going too just opened up last week i missed the opeining because i just found out about it but they had a doggy BBQ and from what i heard the place was packed they had something like 80 dogs come to the party...... If i keep him there a full day its $24.00 otherwise its 3.75 an hour......

·
Registered
994 Posts
i just feel like maxi can be a bit hyper at times and he needs the activity
i just got back from my sisters house they had a bbq and she has a huge house with a real big back yard and he was running around i just got him home and he went right to sleep so i think this will be a good thing
when i went there yesterday i did see some big dogs and they assured me maxi wont come in contact with them so im hoping this is a good thing
anyway i will keep you all posted i think 24 a day is cheap and 3.75 an hour is also very reasonable...so lets see what the quality of care is

1 - 20 of 21 Posts