Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the opening of this new sub-forum I would like to hear from all members their thoughts, ideas and experiences with Puppy Mills, Brokers or Home Breeders

The good, bad and the ugly

·
Registered
994 Posts
Originally posted by Joe@Nov 4 2004, 09:49 PM
With the opening of this new sub-forum I would like to hear from all members their thoughts, ideas and experiences with Puppy Mills, Brokers or Home Breeders

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=14969
[/QUOTE]

Thank you Joe! I think this is a good idea this way the posters that want to continue this discussion daily can come in here

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Originally posted by Joe@Nov 4 2004, 09:49 PM

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=14969
[/QUOTE]
Joe, just a thought, was the original thread reposted under the new sub-forum? Thanks.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Oh my. I can't believe it. We have a separate section on this now. I feel sorta bad though. In the middle of my suggestion of having this section I regret putting it up in the first place because I didn't think it was going to happen and because of all the, you know, that happened.

Anyway, I hope that this section becomes what I imagined it would be in the first place and nothing but possitivity comes out of it. On that last thread, I almost felt like I was in a middle of a bad divorce, and who gets hurt by it? Our babies we're trying to help in the first place. But now we know better. Toast to a new begining!

Thank you guys! Thanks Joe.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I think this whole section is a pretty good idea. This section should be helpful to people looking for pups.

The only experience i've had obvoiusly is with Coco. I'm getting her from a home breeder who also has a few other breeds. But she is a friend, and i know the time, love and dedication she puts in to every single little pup she has, and her whole family helps, even her aunt and grandmother. It's a family affair.

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Sounds like your situation with Coconut was perfect. As I remember, your breeder kept her with her mom for 10 weeks. That's so important not only for their health, but for their future behavior. They learn important pack behavior from their moms as they get older. Many people end up with adult dogs with un-Maltese like behavior, like aggression, because they missed this important developmental stage and didn't learn manners from their moms!

Joe, this is just super to have a separate section for discussion of breeders, brokers and puppy mills. Hopefully, the wiser potential Maltese owners will come here first as part of their "due diligence"and find out what they are really getting when they buy from a pet shop or broker and can be saved a lot of heartache and vet bills later on.

I guess I was lucky. My then vet told me 20 years ago never to buy a puppy or kitten from a pet shop. It is amazing to me in this day and age how many people are still ignorant of the grim reality of those puppies they see in pet shops. I was absolutlely stunned when I saw that Britney Spears, who obviously can afford a puppy from any breeder she chooses, got her Lacey from a pet shop this summer! Now, I know with 2 marriages all in the same time period, she's not exactly known for her intelligence or good judgment, but you would have thought she would have done a little research before getting this puppy. So many celebrities have been so outspoken about animal rights, etc., you would think she would know better. What a terrible example she set for all those young girls out there who idolize her.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by LadysMom@Nov 5 2004, 01:41 PM
Sounds like your situation with Coconut was perfect. As I remember, your breeder I was absolutlely stunned when I saw that Britney Spears, who obviously can afford a puppy from any breeder she chooses, got her Lacey from a pet shop this summer! Now, I know with 2 marriages all in the same time period, she's not exactly known for her intelligence or good judgment, but you would have thought she would have done a little research before getting this puppy. So many celebrities have been so outspoken about animal rights, etc., you would think she would know better. What a terrible example she set for all those young girls out there who idolize her.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=15031
[/QUOTE]

You are so right.... wouldn't it have been a wonderful example if the photos had shown her with a reputable and renown breeder like Divine Maltese, for example, discussing how to be a responsible Maltese "mommy", etc. That could have gone a long way in educating those who look up to her ( I know..... hard to believe she is someone people look up to... but I believe tweens, do.)

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Originally posted by LadysMom@Nov 5 2004, 01:41 PM
Sounds like your situation with Coconut was perfect. As I remember, your breeder kept her with her mom for 10 weeks. That's so important not only for their health, but for their future behavior. They learn important pack behavior from their moms as they get older. Many people end up with adult dogs with un-Maltese like behavior, like aggression, because they missed this important developmental stage and didn't learn manners from their moms!

Joe, this is just super to have a separate section for discussion of breeders, brokers and puppy mills. Hopefully, the wiser potential Maltese owners will come here first as part of their "due diligence"and find out what they are really getting when they buy from a pet shop or broker and can be saved a lot of heartache and vet bills later on.

I guess I was lucky. My then vet told me 20 years ago never to buy a puppy or kitten from a pet shop. It is amazing to me in this day and age how many people are still ignorant of the grim reality of those puppies they see in pet shops. I was absolutlely stunned when I saw that Britney Spears, who obviously can afford a puppy from any breeder she chooses, got her Lacey from a pet shop this summer! Now, I know with 2 marriages all in the same time period, she's not exactly known for her intelligence or good judgment, but you would have thought she would have done a little research before getting this puppy. So many celebrities have been so outspoken about animal rights, etc., you would think she would know better. What a terrible example she set for all those young girls out there who idolize her.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=15031
[/QUOTE]

I was horrified, too, when I saw Britney with that baby.....I'm only praying that she has household staff that will care for it and love it properly. To Britney it is probably just a cute prop or accessory for her. I saw a photo spread of her and Kevin with the puppy and thought to myself "that's why she bought it". I really can't imagine her putting herself out to bond and care for it. Being so famous and so rich so young, she has missed out on certain "socialization" herself.

·
Registered
493 Posts
I agree and disagree with all of the talk etc over this topic.

I did not purchase my baby from a pet store/puppy mill as I did a lot of research on first of all the maltese breed and secondly how to find a good breeder and purchase one. It took me about 6 months to find a breeder and purchase my baby.

But there are people who do not do the research and just don't realise. They are not intentionally ignorant. If they don't have internet access, really where do they look? You can buy books of course, but how many "everyday" folk purchase books on puppies before they buy them (I mean, I know I did - and most of you probably did too - but do you see what I'm saying?)?

Sometimes people walk into a pet store and see such a beautiful little face looking at them that their heart is taken away. People who buy from these places are innocent people who have either been misled, are too trusting/naive, or have just plain fallen in love.

As bad as it is, and I also would personally like to see the pet store/puppy mill "trade" shut down, there are still beautiful little babies out there who need love - there are puppies who have already been brought into this world under these circumstances - and they are innocent. They, just as much as puppies from other sources, need a family and love. We can't bash the people who have these babies already - we can only try to work on those that don't have theirs yet.

I don't have the answers, I don't think any of us do singly, but together as a canine-loving community we do need to do everything we can to try to stop this horrible trade - through education in forums like these, perhaps shelters, vet clinics, pet supply stores etc could have brochures/booklets filled with this information? Then it would be more accessible to everyone. And any business that truly cares about animals will be more than willing to participate - so perhaps an aim at "worldwide" education is the go? Ultimately, less demand gives them less reason to continue.

It's like a vicious circle in my eyes, because you can't turn your back on innocent little lives, but you don't want to "encourage" this trade either.....

That's just my thoughts on it all. I haven't said too much previously because I'm too soft and I sit on fence over it all. I HATE HATE HATE puppy mills as much as the rest of you. But I don't like the thought of innocent little babies not getting the love they deserve either....

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by Sunshine@Nov 5 2004, 05:51 PM
I agree and disagree with all of the talk etc over this topic.

I did not purchase my baby from a pet store/puppy mill as I did a lot of research on first of all the maltese breed and secondly how to find a good breeder and purchase one. It took me about 6 months to find a breeder and purchase my baby.

But there are people who do not do the research and just don't realise. They are not intentionally ignorant. If they don't have internet access, really where do they look? You can buy books of course, but how many "everyday" folk purchase books on puppies before they buy them (I mean, I know I did - and most of you probably did too - but do you see what I'm saying?)?

Sometimes people walk into a pet store and see such a beautiful little face looking at them that their heart is taken away. People who buy from these places are innocent people who have either been misled, are too trusting/naive, or have just plain fallen in love.

As bad as it is, and I also would personally like to see the pet store/puppy mill "trade" shut down, there are still beautiful little babies out there who need love - there are puppies who have already been brought into this world under these circumstances - and they are innocent. They, just as much as puppies from other sources, need a family and love. We can't bash the people who have these babies already - we can only try to work on those that don't have theirs yet.

I don't have the answers, I don't think any of us do singly, but together as a canine-loving community we do need to do everything we can to try to stop this horrible trade - through education in forums like these, perhaps shelters, vet clinics, pet supply stores etc could have brochures/booklets filled with this information? Then it would be more accessible to everyone. And any business that truly cares about animals will be more than willing to participate - so perhaps an aim at "worldwide" education is the go? Ultimately, less demand gives them less reason to continue.

It's like a vicious circle in my eyes, because you can't turn your back on innocent little lives, but you don't want to "encourage" this trade either..... 

That's just my thoughts on it all. I haven't said too much previously because I'm too soft and I sit on fence over it all. I HATE HATE HATE puppy mills as much as the rest of you. But I don't like the thought of innocent little babies not getting the love they deserve either....
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=15084
[/QUOTE]

VERY WELL SAID!!!
My thoughts exactly!!!
(Did you read my mind?)

Joe, we need a new smiley...we need a hand clapping smiley...or a high five... :D

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Yeah!!! Those are GREAT!!!!!

Oh man! I love the hitting the head on the table one!!! I gotta find a way to use that one!!!!!!

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
Sunshine, you put that very well. That is the way that I feel, too. I purchased both my bichon and maltese from show breeders and have been 100% happy with that decision. I also recognize that others, for whatever reason, didn't go the same route that I did.

Whatever is happening out there - it is never the animals' fault and they deserve good homes.

Thanks for your well thought out remarks.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
I bought from a pet store as you know and I can guarantee you that I am not ignorant. i have 2 yorkies who I bought from breeders and maya who I bought from the pet store and dont even think twice about what I did because as sunshine said I fell in love. I spend countless hours of love, time, energy and most of all research on how to be a better mommy. I belong to another very active forum and was very aware of what pet shops were. I contacted Maya's breeder from Kentucky and I sent in for my report from nopuppymills.com and it turns out that Maya's breeder is not a puppy mill. She does have over 4 female bitches however does not keep her dogs in above ground cages or with poor conditions. I am not defending puppy mills and their terrible practices but I am disagreeing with the insulting comment that people who buy from pet shops are ignorant. Like I said, I fell in love, but I know as much as their is to know about my yorkies and maltese's and continue to research and learn everyday. You can have just as bad of problems from buying from a breeder. I definitely would recommend a new pet owner to buy from a responsible breeder, which are hard to find but worth it. I think it is important to educate people on the bad puppy mills, but not insult those who have already purchased from a pet store. I am not less informed than anyone who has bought from a responsible breeder, and I also understand that their are situations where pet store puppies has certain healthy and tempermant problems. We can only hope and pray that we are a lucky case, and also realize that even a dog coming from a very responsible breeder can have socialization and other healthy problems. The ironic thing in my situation is that my pet store puppy has a much better tempermant and is in better physical conditiong than my small yorkie who has a luxating patella and who came from a VERY reputable and well known name in ther yorkie world (Haley's lines are the president of the Yorkie terrier club of america). You never know with anywhere you purchase a puppy. I understand that it is one thing to want to stop puppy mills, which most are terrible facilities, but it is another to give a helpless dog a good home. You think the dog chose to be in puppy mill conditions? What should happen to them just because they came from these filthy facilities? What I cant understand is that their are those that dont understand that giving a innocent dog a good home from a pet store is not the same thing as telling puppy mills to continue. I understand they will continue as long as people buy them, but I will not be the last to want to save (and yes I feel like I rescued Maya) a dog from a pet store because they need the best home for having to be put through terrible conditions in the beginning of their life.

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Let me clarify my use of the term "ignorant". I certainly didn't mean to offend anyone or imply that I thought they were stupid.

I said "It is amazing to me in this day and age how many people are still ignorant of the grim reality of those puppies they see in pet shops."

According to Webster's, "ignorant" is defined as "unaware and uniformed". That's
how I mean it so I apologize to anyone who took my statement the wrong way.

I really think we are all in agreement here. I don't think anyone here is in favor of puppy mills. And those of us, like me, who have dogs who came from pet shops love them just as much as if they came from a top breeder. In my case, my precious Lady has a number of health issues that were most likely inherited, like epilepsy, diabetes, a grade one heart murmur and a cherry eye that had to be surgically repaired. None of these problems started until she was almost 5 years old. If I can make just one person aware of the potential for these types of problems and the huge expense, both financial and emotional, that careless breeding creates, stop just one more Maltese from ending up in rescue or abandoned like my Lady was because of health issues, I will feel like I have accomplished something.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by LadysMom@Nov 8 2004, 08:46 AM
Let me clarify my use of the term "ignorant". I certainly didn't mean to offend anyone or imply that I thought they were stupid.

I said "It is amazing to me in this day and age how many people are still ignorant of the grim reality of those puppies they see in pet shops."

According to Webster's, "ignorant" is defined as "unaware and uniformed". That's
how I mean it so I apologize to anyone who took my statement the wrong way.

I really think we are all in agreement here. I don't think anyone here is in favor of puppy mills. And those of us, like me, who have dogs who came from pet shops love them just as much as if they came from a top breeder. In my case, my precious Lady has a number of health issues that were most likely inherited, like epilepsy, diabetes, a grade one heart murmur and a cherry eye that had to be surgically repaired. None of these problems started until she was almost 5 years old. If I can make just one person aware of the potential for these types of problems and the huge expense, both financial and emotional, that careless breeding creates, stop just one more Maltese from ending up in rescue or abandoned like my Lady was because of health issues, I will feel like I have accomplished something.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=15353
[/QUOTE]

Beautifully stated. I don't think any of us need to get defensive over this issue. Heck, I'm the first to admit that my first Maltese, Rosebud, was purchased in 1989 from a family that had bred their two Maltese pets. It was the conductor of our local symphony's family and that seemed like it made it "OK"!! I can say for sure... I was ignorant!!

Both of their pets had come from pet stores so, even though Rosebud didn't come from the pet store herself, it was just about the same thing. She had constant health problems from the very beginning. I was at the vet with one thing or another at least once a month, and many times it was every week. She was there so much that she and the vet bonded! I don't know if the issues she had were genetically based or not. It may have been that her immune system didn't work very well.

In 2002, I bought Kallie from a family who had purchased both parents from two different pet stores. Kallie is a wonderful pet and of course I love her dearly. She hasn't had any health issues at all. She has only been to the vet once and that was when she ate her bedding and had diarrhea from that. But she is only 2-1/2 and issues might show up later ... or we may have dodged a bullet.

It wasn't until I read the posts on MO back in 2004 that I was enlightened. But look at all the others who are not enlightened. I wish groups such as ASPCA, HSUS, PETA, etc. would do more to educate the public. Someone or some group needs to champion this issue at the national level with public service announcements, etc. I realize that there is a petition for an Oprah show, but that is just one airing. We need a group to constantly run PSA's on TV to continually educate the public on this issue.

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
Sites like these do so much to educate! Even though I purchased my current two dogs from show breeders, years ago I got a cocker spaniel from an ad in the paper. I'm not ashamed to say that I was ignorant to breeding practices and bloodlines and bad traits. I am not stupid, I just didn't know anything about buying a dog. My one and only previous experience was getting a mutt from the pound who was a gentle, smart, fantastic dog. Purebred dogs were a whole new world. After a bad experience with the cocker I have tried to learn so that I didn't make the same mistakes again. That isn't to say that we didn't love that cocker, because we did. We just wouldn't go that route again.

I love seeing discussion on "hot" topics. And I really appreciate that some people are trying to give others the benefit of their own experiences.

·
Registered
10,048 Posts
I bought from a pet store as you know and I can guarantee you that I am not ignorant. i have 2 yorkies who I bought from breeders and maya who I bought from the pet store and dont even think twice about what I did because as sunshine said I fell in love. I spend countless hours of love, time, energy and most of all research on how to be a better mommy. I belong to another very active forum and was very aware of what pet shops were. I contacted Maya's breeder from Kentucky and I sent in for my report from nopuppymills.com and it turns out that Maya's breeder is not a puppy mill. She does have over 4 female bitches however does not keep her dogs in above ground cages or with poor conditions. I am not defending puppy mills and their terrible practices but I am disagreeing with the insulting comment that people who buy from pet shops are ignorant. Like I said, I fell in love, but I know as much as their is to know about my yorkies and maltese's and continue to research and learn everyday. You can have just as bad of problems from buying from a breeder. I definitely would recommend a new pet owner to buy from a responsible breeder, which are hard to find but worth it. I think it is important to educate people on the bad puppy mills, but not insult those who have already purchased from a pet store. I am not less informed than anyone who has bought from a responsible breeder, and I also understand that their are situations where pet store puppies has certain healthy and tempermant problems. We can only hope and pray that we are a lucky case, and also realize that even a dog coming from a very responsible breeder can have socialization and other healthy problems. The ironic thing in my situation is that my pet store puppy has a much better tempermant and is in better physical conditiong than my small yorkie who has a luxating patella and who came from a VERY reputable and well known name in ther yorkie world (Haley's lines are the president of the Yorkie terrier club of america). You never know with anywhere you purchase a puppy. I understand that it is one thing to want to stop puppy mills, which most are terrible facilities, but it is another to give a helpless dog a good home. You think the dog chose to be in puppy mill conditions? What should happen to them just because they came from these filthy facilities? What I cant understand is that their are those that dont understand that giving a innocent dog a good home from a pet store is not the same thing as telling puppy mills to continue. I understand they will continue as long as people buy them, but I will not be the last to want to save (and yes I feel like I rescued Maya) a dog from a pet store because they need the best home for having to be put through terrible conditions in the beginning of their life.[/B]
thank you well said xo andrea

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
I dont know if my reply qualifys me for this section but I will give it ago Some of you may have heard the story when I was over the other side so I hope I dont bore you. I would like to tell you about Chloe and her 'breeder' it is a rather long story but I'll try not to waffle on too much.

It was in 1996 that I got Chloe. I had lost my other doggie, Lady in July of the previous year. I had had her for nearly 17 years. I got her when she was 7 months old and she had been badly abused. So having had Lady for 17 years you can understand how devastated I was. And having been so ill for so long, Lady was my lifeline. She tolerated no body except me. Shes now at Rainbow Bridge waiting. Anyway thats off subject. Sorry.

Now everybody was bringing me their dogs to my house to try and cheer me up. I was so devastated at the loss of Lady that I had even thought about taking my own life, that was how bad it was!

I was down the road one day when I saw this man holding a lovely white bundle of fluff. It was exactly the same as a picture I had at home of 'some dog' that I didnt know the breed of, but had said to hubby, thats the dog I want next time. Anyway I chatted with this man and found he was not a 'local'.

I asked this man what sort of breed she was etc. Her name was Emma and she was a rather nasty little dog. But when I held her, she seemed to settle down. This guy was stunned and said that Emma doesnt usually like people.

Anyway his wife came out of the post office and when she saw the dog was being a bit naughty, she hit it!! the dog yelled and she hit it again.

I nearly dropped dead from shock. Then of course I had major words to say to her and she sort of told me to clear off (I cant use the words on the site - so work it out for your self) anyway I went about my ways and was still very upset now not over the loss of Lady but about this woman belting the dog. I found out that they lived in the country.

Well months went by and my friends in the bank told me that they knew of someone who had moved back to Perth and had a dog etc etc. It turned out to be this woman! Anyway I made contact with her - on the grounds that if she didnt want her dog I would take it - when I went around to her place, she told me that her dog was pregnant and did I want one - sorry - buy a puppy? Hubby said no, I said maybe. Anyway I went home and we talked about it and said yes. I rang her and said if she had a white puppy I wanted it (Lady was white and I wanted another white doggie) anyway time passed by and when the puppies were born Chloe was the only white one in the litter anyway. Emma only had 4 puppies and Chloe was the white female. I wanted a female so that was good. I had no intention of breeding her but just wanted a white dog.

Now all during this time it comes out that this woman, has a dog, breeds them, then gets rid of the mother when shes had enough and then gets another malt and continues on in this fashion. This woman has had six dogs in the time Ive had Chloe. Ok so I have picked Chloes name out and told this woman to keep calling her this so she would know her name when she came home.

Now I know that most puppies should not leave their momma before 12 weeks. And in this time the owner pays for the shots etc. But she told me that I could have Chloe at 7 weeks. Yeah I know 12 weeks is the standard.

I used to go over once a week, I would wear the same clothes I had on the previous week, so that Chloe could 'smell' her scent on me and her brothers and sisters. When I went there I would call her name and she would come running and want to play etc. One day when I was over there, I thought, Mmm I wouldnt mind having one of the others, to keep each other company. I mentioned this to the woman and she picked up the one I was interested in and promptly dropped him on his little head. OMG you should have heard the squealing! And I had it on video! I was taping her and I recorded it.! I was sick to my stomach. I threw the camera down and rushed over to the dog and said, quick, get him to the vet. To which she replied no I cant afford it, it will be ok. I pleaded with her to go but she refused. I left to go home as I was so upset. She just stood there laughing!!! Of course you know what was going through my mind? What does she do to my dog when Im not there??

Well I went home and told hubby and he said theres nothing you can do. You cant steal the dog. She wouldnt hand it over to me - not unless I gave the money first - so I did nothing.

In the meantime I had arranged for a deposit and told her that I would pay the balance when I had the dog checked out by my own vet and this was agreed to. It was verbal. I also asked for Chloes papers. The air went silent and I asked again. (I meant to tell you that I had also asked if she would contact Chloes daddy and make arrangements for me to go and see him. I wanted to see what sort of temperment the daddy had, seeing the mommy was so nasty.) she then told me no! I couldnt go. They wouldnt want me to go there!

Now Ive already paid my deposit and am thinking theres something fishy going on here. But I really wanted Chloe so I thought well ok, forget it.

Now everytime I went to see Chloe, Emma would come over and wanted to be petted. I use to pick her up, cuddle her, give her kisses, tell her she was a really clever mommy to have such pretty babies and stuff like that. She loved it. The woman? she would kick the dog away to the other side of the room and give it a smack. This use to really upset me but the more I complained the more she did it. This woman could wind me up no end.

We then arranged for Chloe to come home to us on a Sunday morning, I would take her to my vet and if everything was ok, would give this woman the balance of the money.

On Saturday evening, we were making the finishing touches for Chloe to come the next day and the phone rings. Its this woman saying to come and pick my dog up now and not tomorrow morning because they were going out the next day and couldnt take the puppies!! BUT I had to pay the full amount for the dog there and then or else I couldnt have the dog!

What could I do, I couldnt tell her to stick it. So hubby and I drove over and collected the dog. She held her hand out and told me to give her the balance of the money! Again I did. I was scared at taking Chloe home so late at night and getting used to her new surroundings etc. at such a late hour. Anyway we did and honestly you would think that she had been with me since she was born. I think she was glad to get out of the place. She settled in no problems.

Anyway I sort of kept in touch with this woman, because I was worried about the momma. When I went one day, she was gone. I asked where Emma was and was told, I had her put down yesterday. She said she was epilectic and it couldnt be controlled!?!!? And she was laughing!!!! Me? I just burst into tears. Why? Oh she was sick and stuff like that. BS I said, the dog was neurotic because of its surroundings. If you didnt want her you should have telephoned me, I would have had her. Too bad this woman said.

Anyway this little doggie appears and it is one of the puppies. She kept one of the puppies and got rid of the mother. I asked her about the one she dropped and said, I managed to get rid of it but I didnt tell them I dropped it. So if theres any problems later, they cant blame me!!

Well I just got up, picked up Chloe and went home. I was in tears telling my husband and I found out where she had taken Emma to and I asked my vet to make inquiries and he found out that this woman just wanted to get rid of the dog and so had it put to sleep. She didnt even try to find a home for her. It turns out that this woman said, if she knew that I would have paid for the dog she would have sold it to me.

Well the years went by and I didnt want anything to do with her, and one day I get a call saying that Pippy(the one she kept) is sick and is going to die do I want to say goodbye!! I asked what was wrong and she wouldnt say.

I knew what she was up to.In the past she would ring me and say things about the dog knowing full well I would pay for the dog to go to the vet. Anyway when she rang again, hubby said no, its too distressing for Dede dont contact us again. Well a few months later I saw them down the road and she had this smirk on her face and was holding another dog! (Oh sorry, they always loved Chloe and the tricks she could do.) Plus the fact there Pippy would never eat properly. He was highly strung, nervous and stuff like that and he was ever so thin. My heart would break when I saw him.

So I said, you got another dog, yeah, its a female and we called her Zoe (Zoe? Chloe?) you figure it out.

I never asked about Pippy I just couldnt bring myself to hearing what they did to this dog.

It should be noted that another place they lived they had a malt and were told they couldnt have a dog in the units, so they got rid of that also. Also when they lived in the UK for a while, the same thing.

This woman is only out to make money and doesnt care a tinkers about the dogs. What do you do with people like this.

Is she a 'breeder' 'mill owner' or what. It sickens me everytime I hear something around town, this womans involved.

I just thank God that Ive got Chloe. I just really wish I could turn back the time and taken another puppy, even if it was the one that had been dropped.

Do you think I did the wrong thing.? It still haunts me to this day. In fact it was so bad, I actually erased it off the video.

Please tell me what should I have done. I know its been 10 years but I still get very upset about it.

Im sorry I have gone on so long, but I wanted to share the above and about Chloe and her brothers and sisters. The last I heard, only one was still alive - Chloe!

Thanks for listening ,

Dee and Chloe from down under

1 - 20 of 32 Posts