Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all I was wondering if someone out there has a good web site or good knowledge about Shitzu's? I was given a 3 yr old female who might be pregnant, and I cannot find out general care for her on the net.

how can I tell if she is pregnant, her belly is alittle bigger and she does have nipples this would be her first pregnancy, she has had false ones in the past (the old owner has told me that)
please any advice would be great,,ty

·
Registered
151 Posts
Originally posted by Lexi's Mom@May 25 2005, 04:32 PM
I'm sure there are some breeders on her that can help you with the preg info.  Sorry don't know of any Shih Tzu websites.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=65217
[/QUOTE]
I think if I thought she was going to have puppys, I would take her to my vet..Have you had her in to see your vet??? I'm sure your vet would have names of other Shih Tzu owners. Just my first thoughts.. Let us know what you find out
Malt mom. and girls

·
Premium Member
8,543 Posts
Only the vet can tell you if it's a false pregnancy or a real one. Even in case of a false one, you will want to see the vet to get the milk down.
For me there is not much difference between raising a maltese or a shi tzu. A dog is a dog. Some are bigger, some are smaller, some shed, some don't. I did not raise Alex differently then my lhasa apso. Tho I cook for Alex and didn't for the Lhasa. In retrospect, I should have.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts