Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<span style="font-family:Times">Im looking into getting a male maltese puppy and I dont want to purchase from a pet store again. I purchased my first and only puppy from a petstore and it turned out she was not healthy, vaccination was all screwd up, and she was not properly de-wormed like they said she was. (what a nightmare!) So this time around...I would like to purchase from an affordable reputable breeder who really takes good care of his animals. Does anyone know of any located in California??</span>

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Originally posted by g1enda1e@Apr 30 2005, 01:05 AM

Im looking into getting a male maltese puppy and I dont want to purchase from a pet store again. I purchased my first and only puppy from a petstore  and it turned out she was not healthy, vaccination was all screwd up, and she was not properly de-wormed like they said she was. (what a nightmare!) So this time around...I would like to purchase from an affordable reputable breeder who really takes good care of his animals. Does anyone know of any located in California??
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=58249
[/QUOTE]

i think if u're willing to buy a malt from a reputable show breeder in so. cal, the price might be $1000~$2000

i got my jongee from a showerbreeder and got her number from the american malt asso.

u could start calling some thats the most nearest from you, but u'd probably be on a waiting list since most breederst dont have puppies available always

·
Registered
240 Posts
I just read a post from you that said you've only had your girl for 3 weeks and she is scarcely 12 weeks old. Just a suggestion...but maybe you should make sure she is 100% healthy and trained before you add another dog...I would hate for you to get over your head, financially and otherwise, and end up regretting your decision. You have hardly had time to bond with your puppy...I can tell you when I first brought Pippin home I was in such a frenzy to get another...it's almost like you catch "puppy madness" and become obsessed with finding another right away. I am so glad that I waited...Pippin and I have really bonded with each other and I treasure our alone time together...sometimes I wonder if I am doing the right thing adding another dog into the mix. I haven't YET...but I know that I will be.

I'm not trying to dissuade you from getting another puppy...I just want to make sure you have thought everything thru and are making the right decision for your situation. The AMA list is a good place to start...and I'm sure other members will be able to give you breeder referrals as well. Good luck in your search...keep us posted!

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Originally posted by Pippinsmom@Apr 30 2005, 08:39 AM
I just read a post from you that said you've only had your girl for 3 weeks and she is scarcely 12 weeks old.  Just a suggestion...but maybe you should make sure she is 100% healthy and trained before you add another dog...I would hate for you to get over your head, financially and otherwise, and end up regretting your decision.  You have hardly had time to bond with your puppy...I can tell you when I first brought Pippin home I was in such a frenzy to get another...it's almost like you catch "puppy madness" and become obsessed with finding another right away.  I am so glad that I waited...Pippin and I have really bonded with each other and I treasure our alone time together...sometimes I wonder if I am doing the right thing adding another dog into the mix.  I haven't YET...but I know that I will be. 

I'm not trying to dissuade you from getting another puppy...I just want to make sure you have thought everything thru and are making the right decision for your situation.  The AMA list is a good place to start...and I'm sure other members will be able to give you breeder referrals as well.  Good luck in your search...keep us posted!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=58269
[/QUOTE]
I agree. It is recommended that you wait until your puppy is 1-2 years old. I would recommend at least waiting until your puppy is potty trained. That said you could start your search now and just get on the waiting list. Finding a good breeder sometimes takes awhile. The AMA list is a great starting place. There are also some really good breeders that aren't part of the AMA. Hopefully some other members can tell you who is in your area.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts