Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another good update on my grandma that was so sick, and I truely believe due to everyones prayers she is so much better! I just got off the phone with her, I am going to go pick her up a little after noon, go shopping with her at the Dollar Tree and Walmart then come back here and we will make homemade veggie soup (well she may be watching her soaps while I make it, I think I will wear her out with teh shopping
but she will be here to eat it)!
It took some time to talk her into coming here, she always worries about it being too much of a problem for us to go get her (she can drive but cant remember how to get to our place very well), so I finally said well it's up to you. She was like well what do you think, I said well I think you will enjoy it, so after her having trouble deciding for 20 min she finally says, okay, that is fine, I guess that will work.
I told her I wasn't gonna talk her into it either way (because I know her knee still hurts her and she does get tired off and on). Yesterday she made a BBQ roast in the oven all by herself, and a few days before that made her homemade meat balls...all by herself!
My uncle from CA (her baby) is flying in here in Oct. so she was making food she can freeze and cook for him, she is definantely getting back to her old self!
Thanks again all!

·
Registered
285 Posts
Oh that is wonderful news! Glad she is doing better. Don't mothers
know they can't get sick because no matter how old we get we
always need out mothers, their advice their wisdom and sometimes
just a shoulder to cry or lean on.

I am so glad she is getting better.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well we made it through both stores, she is now snoozing on the recliner with one of her soaps on. :D Soup is on the stove
. Tomorrow I am taking her grocery shopping, she will definantely be worn out for the weekend...good thing though because I work nights for the weekend. Then she will be well rested adn ready for me next week! :D haha. She just cracks me up! I really have a lot of fun with her and definantely appreciate it more realizing how it was to almost lose her 2 times.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
I'm happy to hear she is doing so much better
It must have been a fun day having her with you
I grew up with out Grandparents, but I had a very special Aunt and Uncle that were like Grandparents to me and I know how precious my time was with them

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
What wonderful news
I think you are a very thoughtful grand daughter
I know all about the "I don't want to be too much trouble" reply as my mother used to try that one on me all the time when I used to offer to pick her up and take her home with me for the day. Sometimes I think if we just insist they end up having such a lovely time that they are always so glad they made the extra effort.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts