Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone had a little piece of hair get stitched up in your babies incision after being neutered or spayed? Its a really small piece of hair... I called the vet about it and they said just to watch it.. it should be fine. Kodie doesnt have any redness or infection thanx goddness!
It just worries me, ya know!

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
When Lexi got spayed they shaved a couple inch section around where the incision would be. That is weird. You think they would make sure that there is nothing near the area to contaminate it.

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Could be that the shaved hair grew back at the incision site. This happened to my cat...she had several ingrown hairs that had to be removed. It was simple though, the doctor just pricked them out of the incision site with a very sharp blade.

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was wondering... I noticed yesterday that there is a pink and puffy area of his incision... not red... pink... the whole rest of the incision is healed perfectly... His sugery was sept 27th.. so its been awhile.. Do u think there is a slight infection or just wait before i go to the vet? I dont wanna be a wacko running to the vet for every little thing.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Lexi's incision got all pink and puffy about a month after her surgery. I really paniced and took her to the vet that afternoon. I had all of these worse case senerios going through my head. The vet wasn't sure why it was puffed up. He thought it was scar tissue but wasn't sure why it would puff up a month after the surgery. He had me come back a week later. By then it was the puffiness had gone down by half. By week 2 it was gone.

My advice is for your piece of mind call the vet and may be have him look at it. It is probably nothing serious. Or if the Kodie is acting normal wait a week and just check it everyday to see if it has changed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts