Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Zoe goes into get spayed Nov 11...we are very nervous
!
Luckily she doesn't have to stay overnight but I still have a few questions...
I've heard some bad things about using the cone to keep them from licking their stitches but I've heard some good things about Onesies that you would dress a baby in.
Has anyone used Onesies for their little one after they got fixed? How did that work? What about going to the bathroom and stuff, would you just not button the bottom or what?
Has anyone tried any other method to keep their baby from licking their stitches?
I want to make Zoe as comfortable as possible after the surgery so any suggestions would be great.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
I used the onesies on Lexi when I was home. But when I was gone I used the cone. I put the onesie on her backwards. The part that is supposed to be the front was on her back. That way I could snap around her tail. I just didn't snap the middle snap. When she had to go to the bathroom I unsnapped the crotch part and tucked it up out of the way.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does it make a difference depending on the type of stitches they have...like dissolvable or metal or whatever?
I'm a little nervous about this....

·
Registered
942 Posts
Originally posted by Brittany Lot@Nov 3 2004, 09:19 PM
Does it make a difference depending on the type of stitches they have...like dissolvable or metal or whatever?
I'm a little nervous about this....
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=14774
[/QUOTE]
Actually, Chanel got regular stitches on the outside. From what I have heard, there are two layers of dissolvable stitches under the skin, then the vet has a personal preference and uses what they are comfortable with. I was VERY worried too about the regular stitches, but I am happy to say that I can barely see where Chanel's stitches were, and its been about 2-3 weeks since her spaying.

~Elegant

1 - 4 of 4 Posts