Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

Age range of the forum?

9K views 90 replies 57 participants last post by  k/c mom 
#1 ·
First of all, I am not asking what your age is - that'd be rude :blush:

I just notice that the majority of members seem to be a bit older than me - which is great! :thumbsup:

Just wondering if there are many members that are around my age? Late teens/early 20's?

I'm 19 btw.

I do think its great having a forum with such a wide age range!

#4 ·
I don't really have a problem saying my age I am happy I have made it this far. So many things could have happened but they didn't and I am here at 54 (did I really say that out loud :w00t:) and loving every minute of it. Ok to be honest maybe not loving every minute but aren't all the aches and pains just reminders that we are alive. :blush:

#6 ·
I'm 47 and it took a lot of work to get this old! I wasn't sure I'd make it this far.So as you get older ,celebrate it. Set a goal,even a small one,like walking a mile,it keeps you alive.
My goal was to bench press 125 pounds,not bad for a middle aged old lady (compared to you young chickies), I'm up to 130 pound press,and working harder... now I wish I just weighed 130.... ;)

I figure we're all getting older and at the same rate,one minute at a time,24 hours at a shot.

I tell hubby don't get mad about getting older,get healthy and stay as healthy as you can.

Now if I met someone getting younger,then I'd be mad!

#10 ·
That old!?!

You're a baby for goodness sakes!

I use to think that 28 (the age of my aunt, when she finally, went into private practice) was SOOOOOO OLD! I heard her tell someone (at the party that we had, in celebration of her accomplishments) - her age - and for years I thought about how she probably wouldn't "last too long, at such an OLD age").

My parents always told me, that when someone died - "it was old age" - well, when you're six, 28 is pretty darn old -

Funny, because at 50 - seventy seems young - - - :blink:

#11 ·
Last summer I was talking with my 13 year granddaughter and I mentioned that we would be going to AZ for the winter but I sometimes didn't like being around all the old people, she looked surprised and then said "GRANDMA YOU ARE ONE OF THE OLD PEOPLE":HistericalSmiley::innocent:For some crazy reason age has never bothered me, I'm 61, and the youngest one in the RV park:HistericalSmiley: hummmm maybe that's why I keep coming backB)

#20 ·
Last summer I was talking with my 13 year granddaughter and I mentioned that we would be going to AZ for the winter but I sometimes didn't like being around all the old people, she looked surprised and then said "GRANDMA YOU ARE ONE OF THE OLD PEOPLE":HistericalSmiley::innocent:For some crazy reason age has never bothered me, I'm 61, and the youngest one in the RV park:HistericalSmiley: hummmm maybe that's why I keep coming backB)
LMAO :smrofl::smrofl:
58. How is it that I used to be the youngest person in the room (and the shortest) and now I'm often the oldest? :smilie_tischkante: Still usually the shortest :angry:and probably getting shorter, thanks to my lack of bone density.:w00t: Heck, I've got my health, a great husband and son, and TYLER :chili::chili: so life, and getting old, is good. And it sure beats the alternative! I'm also older than by DH by 4 years so that makes me feel really old sometimes but he doesn't seem to care.:wub: That's love:)

#12 ·
me...

Calendar wise, I am 54. After bathing babies, cleaning house and at around 7:00 in the evening after MANY trips up and down the stairs, I feel like 80 YO:HistericalSmiley::HistericalSmiley::HistericalSmiley:

I tell my DH that after all of these tasks I feel like the dolls from the dollar store S T I F F :faint:

My children are 35,29,25 ( in few days ) grandkids 11,7, 3

Why not share our birthdays too. Mine is July 1 ! how about your guys?

#36 ·
I am 65 and this is the very first year of my life. . . . that I have actually felt "older"---I am truly entering a new world---no longer as young as I have always felt! I am figuring out what it means to "grow old gracefully" and hope that my daughters will enjoy me at "this age" and that I will continue to learn, love and laugh!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.