Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

AKC/CKC registration

2K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  k/c mom 
#1 ·
Hey you guys! Just wondering if I should register my babies. Although it costs almost nothing to do so, I don't really see the point in me registering my babies because I'm not breeding them and there's no way in heck I'm going to give/sell them.

#8 ·
My Lab and Bassett are registered...but I don't even know where the papers are...

I don't plan on registering Brinkley-especially now that I know he will never be a papa.

#9 ·
My breeder is registering our pup and she will give us her "papers" only after we have proof of her spay. Our contract spells out that it is her responsibility to provide them, not ours. I think it is a good idea to register the dog because if you want to participate in non-conformation AKC events, you'll have to have it. BTW, is it just me, or does everyone's dogs look particularly cute on this thread?

#10 ·
Originally posted by saltymalty@Nov 11 2004, 08:22 AM
My breeder is registering our pup and she will give us her "papers" only after we have proof of her spay.  Our contract spells out that it is her responsibility to provide them, not ours.  I think it is a good idea to register the dog because if you want to participate in non-conformation AKC events, you'll have to have it.  BTW, is it just me, or does everyone's dogs look particularly cute on this thread?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=15957
[/QUOTE]

Oh boy! Then i better make a post! haha!
Anyway, i was thinking about registering Coconut. I know it really means nothing, but i'd like to anyway. Do they give you any info on the lineage of your pup?

#11 ·
Originally posted by babycoconut+Nov 29 2004, 11:51 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-saltymalty
@Nov 11 2004, 08:22 AM
My breeder is registering our pup and she will give us her "papers" only after we have proof of her spay.  Our contract spells out that it is her responsibility to provide them, not ours.  I think it is a good idea to register the dog because if you want to participate in non-conformation AKC events, you'll have to have it.  BTW, is it just me, or does everyone's dogs look particularly cute on this thread?
Anyway, i was thinking about registering Coconut. I know it really means nothing, but i'd like to anyway. Do they give you any info on the lineage of your pup?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=19187
[/B][/QUOTE]

I believe when you register you can choose between just the basic registration or registration with a five-generation or six generation pedigree.

#12 ·
Originally posted by babycoconut+Nov 29 2004, 11:51 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-saltymalty
@Nov 11 2004, 08:22 AM
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=19187
[/B][/QUOTE]

I believe when you register you can choose between just the basic registration or registration with a pedigree.

#15 ·
Originally posted by Denise&Chico+Nov 10 2004, 06:58 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Lilly521
@Nov 10 2004, 06:28 PM
I would say dont bother, my puppy had paper but i forgot to grab them when i got him, left then on the table at teh breeders house i didnt care enough to drive all teh way to get them lol
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=15881
waste of momey get some greenies instead!
~ Denise
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=15888
[/B][/QUOTE]
greenies are EVIL!!!

#16 ·
Originally posted by Kodie+Nov 29 2004, 07:53 PM-->
Originally posted by Denise&Chico@Nov 10 2004, 06:58 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Lilly521
@Nov 10 2004, 06:28 PM
I would say dont bother, my puppy had paper but i forgot to grab them when i got him, left then on the table at teh breeders house i didnt care enough to drive all teh way to get them lol
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=15881

waste of momey get some greenies instead!
~ Denise
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=15888

[/QUOTE]
greenies are EVIL!!!

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=19297
[/B][/QUOTE]
I bought Flurry from a pet store, they are sending the papers. Will this include his pedigree? Does the pedigree let you know if they are pre-disposed to any genetic problems?

#17 ·
Originally posted by sherylmint@Nov 29 2004, 08:45 PM
I bought Flurry from a pet store, they are sending the papers. Will this include his pedigree? Does the pedigree let you know if they are pre-disposed to any genetic problems? 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=19307
[/QUOTE]

Hi, the pedigree tells who the dog's parents, grandparents, great-grandparents are, etc. It just gives each dog's name, AKC registration number and sometimes a DNA number. That's it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.