Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am NOT a morning person. There is nothing worse then being woken out of a sound sleep by the blast of an alarm clock. Thankfully I tend to wake up a little before the alarm goes off. This morning my darling Callie woke me early to go outside. Once up, my food motivated Jett just can't go back to bed without his breakfast. So we were up early and I didn't think about shutting off the alarm clock since it hadn't gone off yet. I had washed both Jett & Callie's face, dressed them and done Callie's hair. Jett went back to sleep on the couch and Callie went back to bed. I was washing Zoe's face when I heard the alarm go off. I couldn't stop in the middle of sudsing up Zoe's face so I just let it go. Pretty soon I heard Callie do a little growly bark thing. A few minutes after that I heard her howl. A real howl! I picked up Zoe, wet face and all and ran to the bedroom to make sure she wasn't hurt. She was standing as close as she could to the alarm clock, stretching to really look at the offensive thing and let out another howl. lolol I thought, Callie darling...I know just how you feel.

Gosh I'm so glad I have my babies. They make me laugh..even in the morning! Talk about a miracle!!

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
:HistericalSmiley:
Thanks for the morning laugh Crystal, your babies sound super adorable. And bless little Callie, for showing courage and bravery when facing the meanie alarm clock :D

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
:smrofl::smrofl:Callie's a girl after my own heart. :wub::wub: How funny that must have been. The same thing happened in my house this morning. I got up at 4am :w00t: because of some noise from the ferocious wind outside. I went back to sleep until 8 (a perk of working from home:) ) and got up with my DH and Tyler. About 20 minutes later, i thought I had ringing in my ears. Loud annoying ringing. It was my alarm going off like crazy. No response from Tyler or DH.:blink: Crystal - I'm so bad that I set a pre alarm to break me out of my deep sleep, and a second alarm 15 minutes later as the real one. :huh:Not into mornings either.

·
Registered
11,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:smrofl::smrofl:Callie's a girl after my own heart. :wub::wub: How funny that must have been. The same thing happened in my house this morning. I got up at 4am :w00t: because of some noise from the ferocious wind outside. I went back to sleep until 8 (a perk of working from home:) ) and got up with my DH and Tyler. About 20 minutes later, i thought I had ringing in my ears. Loud annoying ringing. It was my alarm going off like crazy. No response from Tyler or DH.:blink: Crystal - I'm so bad that I set a pre alarm to break me out of my deep sleep, and a second alarm 15 minutes later as the real one. :huh:Not into mornings either.
lol...I'd say Tyler's 'sleeping' on the job! I used to have to do that too. I had my first alarm close to the bed so I could hit the snooze, but had been known to hit it too many times. :blush: So I had a 2nd one on the other side of the room so I was forced to get out of bed. My Zoe is a good sleeper and would stay snuggled in with me no matter how often the alarm went off. Now Jett and Callie are a whole other story. The minute the alarm goes off, if they don't wake me up sooner, they want their breakfast and are quite persistent about it. lolol Thankfully their inner clocks are fairly close to the real time zone and they don't wake me up more then 30 minutes prior to the alarm going off.

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
lol cute stories ... i also put a wake up alarm at 5:55 and a are u awake alarm at 6:05 ... i have been known to turn them both off n keep on sleeping , but thankfully dolce hears the first alarm n jumps on top of me n kisses me n paws me til i wake up, and if i ignore him he barks cause he wants to go pee. lmao , gotta love these fluffs.

·
Premium Member
8,521 Posts
That's too funny. I too am not a morning person, i hate waking up early. I'm the queen of hit the snooze button. I even put the alarm clock across the bedroom when my husband was stationed in Alaska so that i would have to get out of bed, you know what i did i would hit snooze and crawl back in bed and i did that several times each morning.:HistericalSmiley: Needless to say i put the clock back by the bed.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
lol too cute!! Terra and Triniti are also early risers! They want to potty and then I give them a little treat while they wait for their breakfast to be served. I love the fluffs!! Of course, while the fluffs are eating, my cranky cat has to sit on my lap while I sip my coffee and check SM!

·
Premium Member
10,319 Posts
She was trying to tell you to shut that thing off NOW!!!! So funny Crystal~~I think you are just the best Mommy!! I can see Callie howling now!!!:HistericalSmiley:

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
LOL Callie...that girl has quite the attitude, doesn't she?! Most girls like to sleep in and get their beauty rest...I hear ya Callie! Nothing more annoying than the sound of an alarm clock!

·
Premium Member
10,186 Posts
Crystal, I am not a morning person either. Well, unless I am up before dawn to enjoy the sunrise ... and, that is possible with SM! :HistericalSmiley: Anyway ...

I can just see sweet Callie howling at the clock. Poor baby.

Since Felix started playing golf in the morning, he sets the alarm clock. Then when he is asleep, I turn it off. I know, that's terrible. But, I know I will wake up and then wake Felix up anyway. And, Snowball does not like the alarm clock. I hate to have him awaken out of a sound sleep to an alarm clock. He'll bark or howl, too.

Crystal, some place tucked away in this house (or, I might have already donated it, I really can't remember) is an alarm clock that wakes you with bird sounds of your choice. Even a rooster if you prefer that! I think it's a nice way to wake up ... to the sound of your favorite bird chirping.

Please give Callie, Zoe, and Jett hugs from their Auntie Marie. Hugs for you, too. :wub::wub::wub:

·
Premium Member
8,623 Posts
Crystal, that's so funny! :HistericalSmiley:
The answering machine on my phone tells you who's calling after a couple of rings. Every time that voice comes on Zoey starts to howl. When I say howl I mean the hound dog head straight up howling. Its so funny., Maybe Callie and Zoey just don't like the sounds made by your alarm and my phone.:smilie_tischkante:

·
Registered
11,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Crystal, I am not a morning person either. Well, unless I am up before dawn to enjoy the sunrise ... and, that is possible with SM! :HistericalSmiley: Anyway ...

I can just see sweet Callie howling at the clock. Poor baby.

Since Felix started playing golf in the morning, he sets the alarm clock. Then when he is asleep, I turn it off. I know, that's terrible. But, I know I will wake up and then wake Felix up anyway. And, Snowball does not like the alarm clock. I hate to have him awaken out of a sound sleep to an alarm clock. He'll bark or howl, too.

Crystal, some place tucked away in this house (or, I might have already donated it, I really can't remember) is an alarm clock that wakes you with bird sounds of your choice. Even a rooster if you prefer that! I think it's a nice way to wake up ... to the sound of your favorite bird chirping.

Please give Callie, Zoe, and Jett hugs from their Auntie Marie. Hugs for you, too. :wub::wub::wub:
Wowza how cool is that alarm clock!! And you don't know where it is?? That would be a priceless item in my house. :thumbsup: So funny that you turn the alarm clock off when your hubby sets it. Has he not figured this out yet? lol

LOL Callie...that girl has quite the attitude, doesn't she?! Most girls like to sleep in and get their beauty rest...I hear ya Callie! Nothing more annoying than the sound of an alarm clock!
I tell you Tammy for being the smallest of my 3, she has the BIGGEST attitude. :HistericalSmiley: She's quite vocal and really talks. I've tried to get it on video but every time I put the camera up, she stops. One of these days I'll get a video of her being the mouthy little girl she is. :wub:

Crystal, that's so funny! :HistericalSmiley:
The answering machine on my phone tells you who's calling after a couple of rings. Every time that voice comes on Zoey starts to howl. When I say howl I mean the hound dog head straight up howling. Its so funny., Maybe Callie and Zoey just don't like the sounds made by your alarm and my phone.:smilie_tischkante:
lolol...Debbie (TotallyTotoNTuffy) just told me last night about a friend who's fluff will howl in the car every time she uses her turn signal. :HistericalSmiley: :HistericalSmiley: Just cracks me up what will get one of them going.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts