Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question about heartworm preventive medicine? Anyone on here not using heartguard or interceptor etc and just going with all natural products? I am trying to decide if I should give my 17 week old puppy heartguard or interceptor or just trying to go the all natural route. What are your thoughts?

·
Registered
5,842 Posts
I like Revolution. That's what I've always used. It's a spot on treatment and it comes in different size doses for different weights.

·
Registered
4,200 Posts
Question about heartworm preventive medicine? Anyone on here not using heartguard or interceptor etc and just going with all natural products? I am trying to decide if I should give my 17 week old puppy heartguard or interceptor or just trying to go the all natural route. What are your thoughts?
It depends on your geographic location. I'm in northern CA and I give Heartgard Plus to all of our dogs--to go without it would be putting my dogs at risk. Have never had one adverse effect in 30+ years in many different breeds of dogs. Highly recommend it if you are in a high risk area. Your vet will let you know.

·
Premium Member
5,316 Posts
I do the all natural route. I have my yard sprayed with organic spray for mosquitoes, ticks and fleas, I spray my girls with wondercide, had several bug zappers installed and I test my girls 2-3 times a year for heart worm.
This has always worked for me and my property abuts wetlands, a stream and pond, so lots of bugs.
Here is an article that might interest you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts