Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took some photos after bath time :)

Bailey has just been cut down shorter...
DSCN9761.jpg
DSCN9756.jpg

I am thinking about cutting Sophia into a puppy cut. Her coat is gorgeous and I love it but it's matting very easily from the clothes she wears & the dreaded coat change. It's getting colder here and she is so tiny she gets cold so easily so I have to keep clothes on her. What to do, what to do...
IMG_1750.jpg
IMG_1729.jpg
IMG_1749.jpg

·
Premium Member
6,469 Posts
Bailey is just so stinkin' cute! Sophia is too but I love me a full-figured lady! As fasr as Sophia's hair - what if you cut it down to make it easier to groom and just buy her some nice warm sweaters!

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Both your babies are cute, and would look good in any cut! I prefer puppy cut because it looks cute and neat...

What breeder did you get Sophie from? Her face is precious!

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
I love the long coat on a maltese but I think my SeRi isn't a true maltese as she hates grooming with a passion and growls so much on her pink brush :w00t: so really short just works best for her . . you will love the short coat . . . :chili:

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
The girls look so fresh and clean!!! I know what you mean about cutting them down. It's time consuming when they have a lot of hair and especially with 2 of them...makes grooming time take forever. Try an inbetween first. That's what I did w/Emma. Her hair was pretty long and now she's somewhere in the middle. She seems much happier w/shorter hair too!

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
If they have no where to go Jenn, send them my way. :wub::wub: Those faces are too cute, though Bailey seems not that happy about bath time.:) I cut down Tyler's hair a few months ago and am thrilled. Neither of us was enjoying the mat-fest and now it takes a quarter of the time to groom him and I think it makes them look very puppyish which I love. I'd like to win the lottery, grow his hair long and hire a full time groomer. :HistericalSmiley::HistericalSmiley: A girl can dream, can't she??

·
Premium Member
17,343 Posts
Bailey has the most expressive eyes. I just love her expressions. And Sophia is too darn cute and she knows it.

Love the pics and I can smell how clean they are -- right through the computer screen. LOL

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If they have no where to go Jenn, send them my way. :wub::wub: Those faces are too cute, though Bailey seems not that happy about bath time.:) I cut down Tyler's hair a few months ago and am thrilled. Neither of us was enjoying the mat-fest and now it takes a quarter of the time to groom him and I think it makes them look very puppyish which I love. I'd like to win the lottery, grow his hair long and hire a full time groomer. :HistericalSmiley::HistericalSmiley: A girl can dream, can't she??
The girls have their bags packed and are on their way! They left fighting about who was going to give Tyler a smooch first! LOL I'm with you on the full time groomer but I just don't have anyone around here that I trust with my babies.

·
Premium Member
11,148 Posts
They both have lovely hair. I've always loved the slight curl to Baileys hair,much like Boo's if I grew it out. I love the shorter cuts,if done right. Boo & Hannah never mat & just few mins. a day is all it takes to keep them neat. I clipper them about every 4 weeks or so. They're both happier with less combing & brushing, especially Boo, who hates the whole process. Your girls are beautiful, they'll be just as beautiful in puppycuts.

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Jennifer, Bailey takes great pictures...I love her big eyes. :wub: She is so pretty! And Sophie is adorable too:wub:...she has a coat like Rocky's,:blink: it looks fine and wispy, probably why it matts so easily. That's why I keep him in the puppy cut, not too short but short enough. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
149 Posts
So cute!!!!! I hear ya on the matts. I was trying to let Brooklyn grow out and his clothes and I think adult hair coming in was causing the matts. So chop chop. LOL

·
Registered
5,433 Posts
So lovely and fresh. Both look just beautiful :wub2: :wub2: I should have bathed Lola today but I ended up painting instead :(

Sophies hair reminds me of Lolas. Same situation too. I cut her down and am now doing it myself. It is so great to not have that matting now. I have to be careful though as her topknot easily mats and her tail has started to mat now :(

·
Premium Member
1,466 Posts
They are presh! I love Sophias little face. I am thinking about cutting Delilah's hair too. But, I am going to wait until after her first birthday to do it.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts