Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looked at the Petfooddirect site from another link...I have gotten dog food from there before, but never looked at treats. All natural treats are hard to find in my area, so I thought about ordering...but there are LOTS to choose from!
I am giving the link...please look at these brands and tell me what you suggest/don't suggest. Thanks!

All Natural Dog Treats

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Those look good! I dont know much about this, but I wanted to add this link since Phoebe loves treats from here: http://www.simonandhuey.com/ Your site looks nicer because there is more variety, so just tossing this out.

I can get them locally though. They come in a huge bag for her, thats the only problem. We get the soft and tiny training treats and cut them even smaller. She loves molasses

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by Holliberry@Mar 11 2005, 11:05 AM
Those look good!  I dont know much about this, but I wanted to add this link since Phoebe loves treats from here:  http://www.simonandhuey.com/  Your site looks nicer because there is more variety, so just tossing this out.

I can get them locally though.  They come in a huge bag for her, thats the only problem.  We get the soft and tiny training treats and cut them even smaller.  She loves molasses

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=42145
[/QUOTE]

That site is good! They have a place where you can order free samples for just 2.00 to cover the shipping. I may try that! Thanks!

·
Registered
894 Posts
We actually find Sisse's favorites at Wal-Mart!! They are called "Waggin Train" and they are just strips of dried chicken breast....that's it!! Nothing added. They are about $2.97 for a bag here in Tucson. She loves them. I have tried so many others and they are just sitting in a big bag to take to our no kill shelter because Sis will not eat them.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by Sisses Momma@Mar 11 2005, 11:36 AM
We actually find Sisse's favorites at Wal-Mart!!  They are called "Waggin Train" and they are just strips of dried chicken breast....that's it!!  Nothing added.  They are about $2.97 for a bag here in Tucson.  She loves them.  I have tried so many others and they are just sitting in a big bag to take to our no kill shelter because Sis will not eat them.

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=42166
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I get the Canine Carry outs that are chicken strips...they are only .99 cents a bag at Walmart here. I break them into smaller pieces so they go even farther...But I don't think they are that healthy
. Just trying to find something more healthy to add in some variety. I actually put 2-3 different kinds of treats in an old coffee can so he gets some variety all the time.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Variety
lets see... Phoebe gets frozen green beans when she pees or poos on the pad, the simon and huey molasses when I dry my hair EVERY morning and then run the blow dryer on her, chicken flavor or a greenie for brushing, and cheerios when she is learning sits and downs. I have all 4 flavor samples of those simon and hueys- from my food guy. I hope they work out for you!

I never thought about it but thats just the way it works out by where I keep her treats. She loves those green beans so I think that helped training, and she was hated the hair dryer, now she runs to me when I go for it (yay!).

rambling... sorry!

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
We actually find Sisse's favorites at Wal-Mart!!  They are called "Waggin Train" and they are just strips of dried chicken breast....that's it!!  Nothing added.  They are about $2.97 for a bag here in Tucson.  She loves them.  I have tried so many others and they are just sitting in a big bag to take to our no kill shelter because Sis will not eat them.

[/QUOTE]

I get the Waggin' Train chicken strips for Lady, too. One of my Siamese cats is also addicted to them. They are great treats for Lady since she is a diabetic and carbs bewteen meals will send her sugar way up. I can also get lamb lungs at Walmart.

Those and high fiber veggies are her only treats. The funny thing is that she gets just as excited about a green bean as she does a piece of chicken jerky!

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
other than fresh veggies or some fruits.... i only give cheerios and rice. Are these natural treats high in proteins?

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

[/QUOTE]

I found these tonight on my shopping trip!!!! It took me forever to find them...they were with the pig ears and stuff...and I was looking in the treats!
He LOVES them!!!!! Was growling for more!!!!

I also got him some chicken Canine Carryouts...and as I was turning I saw a box from Three Dog Bakery. Carob and Peanut Butter flavor cookies. They were a little more than I would normally spend for treats, but they said all natural and they looked good. Tomorrow is his birthday...so I thought..."what the heck?!"
So I got them!

I opened them first, before any of the meaty treats when I got home...he WOULD NOT TOUCH THEM!
They were almost 5 dollars for the package!!!! Little turkey!!!!!
I broke them in half anyway and put them in his treat can all mixed up with the meaty stuff....maybe the smell/flavors will mix and he will decide they will do.
What a little brat! They looked good enough for me to eat! I was afraid to leave them out b/c the kids or hubby might grab one! They looked like real people cookies..he he...

Anyway, thanks for the tip about the chicken jerky treats. Those will definetely be a staple now in our house!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts