Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone else having trouble with their maltese and allergies right now. Coconut is rubbing her face and eyes like crazy since we have so much pollen out right now. She doesn't go outside so I know it is coming in on us. I don't know what to do for her because I don't want to put her on any meds that could effect her liver problem she has.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
She has been doing great!!! She had her teeth cleaned a few weeks ago and they did blood work and her ALT was 10 so I was so excited!!!! Everything is normal!!

I have been so busy with work and my daughter that I haven't had much time to get on here. I have been missing talking with everyone.

How has Nikki been doing?

·
Premium Member
8,521 Posts
We too are having terrible problems with the pollen. I'm trying to remember and also have my family remember when we take the pups out to potty that we wipe their paws and body with some baby wipes that i keep by the door. It seems to help some.

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
Mine don't have any apparent allergies specific to pollen, but even though Coconut does not go outside, it would probably help to wipe Coconut down (body, feet, head, etc) with a hypoallergenic unscented baby wipe every few hours. Any pollen that comes inside on you transfers onto you and also falls on the floor, so by wiping her off you are at least eliminating some of the pollen that comes in contact with her. Perhaps you can vacuum/mop the floors more often when the pollen is especially bad also.

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
We've been lucky here for Tyler but I do worry about my DS and his asthma which is triggered by the pollen this time of year. He's on preventive meds. This is supposed to be one of the worst years -- we've had an early heatwave and tons of rain this spring so pollen's out of control. Try to have everyone take their shoes off upon coming in the house so at least you aren't tracking it in. I have slippers (house shoes) right by our door. Good to hear from you again.:grouphug:

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
She has been doing great!!! She had her teeth cleaned a few weeks ago and they did blood work and her ALT was 10 so I was so excited!!!! Everything is normal!!

I have been so busy with work and my daughter that I haven't had much time to get on here. I have been missing talking with everyone.

How has Nikki been doing?
She's doing fine. You need to post some new photos so we can see how alike they look!

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We've been lucky here for Tyler but I do worry about my DS and his asthma which is triggered by the pollen this time of year. He's on preventive meds. This is supposed to be one of the worst years -- we've had an early heatwave and tons of rain this spring so pollen's out of control. Try to have everyone take their shoes off upon coming in the house so at least you aren't tracking it in. I have slippers (house shoes) right by our door. Good to hear from you again.:grouphug:

I think this is one of our worse years too. I have been coughing like crazy and it normally doesn't bother me. We take our shoes and have tried to be careful. I normally like to sit outside but the pollen here has covered everything. I have been spraying the poarches off everyday. Hopefully it will go away soon!! My daughter is on Pulmicort for her asthma and has done really well so far. Good to hear from you too. :chili:

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
She's doing fine. You need to post some new photos so we can see how alike they look!

I will I just have to figure out all this new stuff now. I also lost all my friend list on here when they changed it so I will have to add everyone back on there. Did you loose all of your friend list to?

·
Registered
66 Posts
This is the first pollen session I've had Ramsey but so far it's hit Ramsey pretty hard. He got Kennel Cough from the shelter when I adopted him about 4 months ago and has been trying to overcome that. Ramsey wakes up in the morning completely stuffed, and usually has 1 or 2 internal sneezing fits. The vet put him on Temaril-p which has worked well. I hope once all of the pollen blows out his allergies won't be so bad.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts