Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Allie -
Thanks so much for your aunt's knitting needles.:hugging: There is such a great variety.:chili: I have to laugh though at the two giant ones. They say Reynolds Jumbo Jets. Well darn if they aren't the size of a Jumbo Jet. :w00t: They are so huge. No wonder you thought it was a needle storage case. So on the internet I found out that they are 50's. :w00t: Lion Brand makes similar needles called Speed Stix. I read a post where someone wrote that they were told if they don't knit with them they can use them to pitch a tent or put a boar on them on a spit and bar-b-que it. :smrofl::smrofl:Thanks so much Allie. I'll think of you every time I knit and go camping.:blink: :HistericalSmiley:

Only Allie could nicely wrap knitting needles!!

Here they are. Look at those two big ones on top. You have to hold them in a fist to use them I think.:w00t:

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Oh my!! I don't think I have ever seen needles THAT big! I knit in wool with large needles and then felt, or shrink the wool to make things (felting makes awesome slippers...soooo warm!!!) But those needles are ca-razy!!!

·
Premium Member
8,623 Posts
Now that's a lot of knitting needles! Sue, we expect to see all the projects you use these needles on. That should keep you busy for awhile.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts