Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
that is great!!! Congratulations!!!

I have done awful with the holidays and such!!!

Back to WW on Jan 4!

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
WOW! YOU GO GIRL! When can we see pictures?

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm a bridesmaid in my brother's wedding this coming summer. I need to order my dress soon. That is my big motivator.

The thing with the South Beach Diet is that it is almost not a diet. There are just certain things you aren't supposed to eat. It is common sense nutrition. It is also not a starve yourself type of diet. You are supposed to eat breakfast, midmorning snack, lunch, afternoon snack, supper, and dessert. You are also encouraged to eat enough food at those times so you are not hungery. (did that make sense?)

I eat a lot of whole wheat wraps, salads, chicken, lean beef, low fat cheese, no sugar added apple sauce and pudding. There is a lot of stuff you can have. Every so often I will give in to a craving (just don't over do it). Over the weekend I had a hamburger and french fries. I really wanted the french fries so I didn't get a bun on my hamburger. If I want chocolate only get a small piece. I just make sure that I only give in once ever 2 weeks or so. I'm still only drinking water and crystal light lemonade. I tried diet 7-up.

Another thing that has kept me motivated is that my mom has been on it since June. So she has been there for me.

If you want more info on it let me know. I've found a bunch of websites that I can give you. I also have collected tons of recipes.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by ButterCloudandNoriko@Dec 15 2004, 11:53 AM
WOW!  YOU GO GIRL!  When can we see pictures?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=23479
[/QUOTE]

Not yet.
Let me lose another 10 and then we will do pictures. I would like to lose at least another 37 lbs.

I might have my mom take a picture of Lexi and me at christmas. If its a good picture I'll post it. I hate having my picture taken. For some reason I always take bad pictures.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Congratulations! You have WAY WAY more will power than I do! Everytime I've tried to do low carb I've always broken down and had a huge helping of pasta or mashed potatoes and basically sabotaged myself! It's is motivation though to see someone else have great results!

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by Mystify79@Dec 15 2004, 12:35 PM
Congratulations!  You have WAY WAY more will power than I do!  Everytime I've tried to do low carb I've always broken down and had a huge helping of pasta or mashed potatoes and basically sabotaged myself!  It's is motivation though to see someone else have great results! 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=23493
[/QUOTE]

I thought it would be difficult but it really hasn't been. I don't have a lot of cravings. I've found a couple of great dessert recipes that have helped with the cravings I do get.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Wow thats seriously something being able to do that over the holidays usually i can watch what i eat and be just fine but this time of the year i dont even bother trying its a give in i will gain 5 or 10 lbs lol

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I didn't bother sticking to the diet on Thanksgiving. I tried to be good but still ate potatoes and stuff. The rest of the weekend I tried to stick as close to the diet as possible. I just made sure I didn't check the week before or after. I'm planning on doing the same thing for christmas.

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Congrats! Thats really good.. and i think your doing GREAT! I wanna see pics too!! PLEZZZZZZZZZZZ take some a xmas!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts