Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

· Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Koa, my husband and I all live on the main island - Oahu. My husband is in the military and is gone pretty often, so we got Koa to keep me company. He's been so great! Now I am never lonely. :)

Hawaii is definitely a nice place to live, but beware... when you live in paradise, it no longer feels like paradise. Especially when you're paying $8 for a gallon of milk! We like it though... the beaches are free and so is the hiking (the best parts of Hawaii that unfortunately a lot of tourists never get to see.)

Aloha!

· Premium Member
13,268 Posts
Originally posted by Koa@Oct 16 2005, 04:23 PM
Koa, my husband and I all live on the main island - Oahu. My husband is in the military and is gone pretty often, so we got Koa to keep me company. He's been so great! Now I am never lonely. :)

Hawaii is definitely a nice place to live, but beware... when you live in paradise, it no longer feels like paradise. Especially when you're paying $8 for a gallon of milk! We like it though... the beaches are free and so is the hiking (the best parts of Hawaii that unfortunately a lot of tourists never get to see.)

Aloha! 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=110290
[/QUOTE]

Omg, the prices must have increase immensely since I was there in 92. We did have a good look around the entire island too as the commercial side isn't half as pretty as the other side of the island. I did prefer the natural areas more.

· Registered
4,765 Posts
Koa is adorable!

· Registered
274 Posts
wow i completely understand what you've mean about hawaii.

i lived in hawaii for 9 years of my life.. and every time i visit now, i have so much fun. but that's only because i don't reside there anymore.. when i was living there, hanging out on the beach was such a normal thing..

how weird is that though. i lived on the military base in hawaii too.. my dad was in the us army..

nice to meet you koa~

· Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Originally posted by Bijousmom@Oct 17 2005, 03:58 AM
Hi to you and Koa, 
.  What a wonderful place to live.  Where were you born and where has the military sent you?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=110481
[/QUOTE]

I grew up in MA and lived there for most of my life. I never really moved until I met my husband, who was a "military brat" and hadn't ever lived in the same house for more than three years. Now he's taking me for a journey all over the US, courtesy of his job. In two years, we've lived in SC, NY, CT, and then HI. It took us a while to find a place in HI, so we spent the first three months living in a 300 sq foor hotel room. And now the military has plans for us to move to some small US territory island (but only for a short time) and then we're hoping to get back to the East Coast and stay put! :) A life more like the one I grew up with. Now my husband is going to have to get used to that! :)

21 - 33 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.