Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Friday, Alvar went to the groomer to get a birthday haircut (he'll be 4 on the 21st :w00t: ). I had been thinking about having him cut down for awhile and took him for a cut in the early Spring, but the groomer talked me out of it :huh: I guess I didn't look ready:blush: But, I got the courage up and went for it Friday.

It took me a couple of days to adjust to the change, but I'm finally starting to really like it. What do you think?

Before (one week ago today):

After:

I couldn't resist putting a tie on him

The legs are little bit shorter than I had wanted, so I think we'll be growing them out some.

Thanks for looking!

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
OMG, I bet he felt so much lighter and it will be so much easier to groom him . . .I am just waiting until SeRi turns one and then I will chop off most of her hair too :w00t:

Alvar, your are looking so adorable in your new "summer" cut :wub:

·
Premium Member
10,319 Posts
He is so cute with his new haircut!!! He looks like he is taking it easy in the photographs......I have trouble getting mine to stay still!! I know you are going to love this cut a lot better!! I hate mats!!!! Yea Alvar!!!!!:chili:

·
Premium Member
10,186 Posts
I think Alvar looks so handsome! :wub: I love his tie, too! I think the new cut brings out his beautiful eyes even more so. Alvar looks like he enjoys his new cut. He looks very happy!

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Alvar is one handsome dude for sure!! I LOVE his new haircut!!! He is one of my favorite guys on here. What a cutie!!!!!

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
Oh Anne - I LOVE IT!!!!! :wub::wub: Having met sweet Alvar several times I know what a ton of hair he had and as beautiful as it was, this cut becomes him so. Marie's right, his eyes just look so big and expressive. I swear, he does look like a puppy. We all need something like that to take years off our lives. And I really don't think his leg hair is too short. He has that perfect fluffy hair that fills it out so he just looks soft and cuddly. Congratulations!!!:chili::chili: Can't wait to see him in person.

·
Premium Member
8,106 Posts
Oh Alvar!!! You're quite the hunk. I bet you're running around like "free at last". Have you weighed him since his cut, Anne? I'd be interested in knowing if long coats actually weigh them down. LOL
xoxoxoxooxoxo

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
Oh Alvar!!! You're quite the hunk. I bet you're running around like "free at last". Have you weighed him since his cut, Anne? I'd be interested in knowing if long coats actually weigh them down. LOL
xoxoxoxooxoxo
Too bad there isn't a locks of love dog charity like there is for people? Obviously dogs don't need wigs :HistericalSmiley::HistericalSmiley: but maybe poundage of hair raising money for a dog charity. :)

·
Premium Member
20,031 Posts
Are you kidding me??!!! :w00t: You got Alvar a hair cut??????

:chili::aktion033::chili::aktion033: I can't believe it!!! But I'm sure he's a happy camper!!!

He looked great before....and he looks great now!! How do you like it?

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
He looks so cute, and he will be so much eaiser to groom.
Thank you! Grooming is sooo much easier it's amazing!

He looks adorable and I just love the cut....and the tie!!!!
aww, thank you! I love that the tie is visible now, it used to hide in the all of his hair:blink:

Love his new look, esp that last picture with the tie. Very handsome.:hat:
Thank you!

OMG, I bet he felt so much lighter and it will be so much easier to groom him . . .I am just waiting until SeRi turns one and then I will chop off most of her hair too :w00t:

Alvar, your are looking so adorable in your new "summer" cut :wub:
Thanks! It's funny, the haircut doesn't seem to have phased him at all, I had expected him to have a reaction to it (good or bad), but he just got right back to business.

He is so cute with his new haircut!!! He looks like he is taking it easy in the photographs......I have trouble getting mine to stay still!! I know you are going to love this cut a lot better!! I hate mats!!!! Yea Alvar!!!!!:chili:
Thank you! The only reason he stays still is for the treat in my hand :blush:

Two thumbs up on handsome Alvar's new cut!!:two thumbs up: He looks sooooo great!
Thank you so much!

I think Alvar looks so handsome! :wub: I love his tie, too! I think the new cut brings out his beautiful eyes even more so. Alvar looks like he enjoys his new cut. He looks very happy!
Awww, thank you! I do like the trim on his head a lot, I think you're right it makes his eyes pop a bit more:wub:

Alvar looks great! Puppy cuts are so much easier.
Thank you! It's amazing how easy the cut is, grooming takes 5 minutes rather than 40+:w00t:

I love his new do!! Looks like a puppy. Love the pic with the tie - too cute!
Thanks!

Very cute!
Thank you!

Alvar is one handsome dude for sure!! I LOVE his new haircut!!! He is one of my favorite guys on here. What a cutie!!!!!
awww, thank you! that's so sweet of you to say!

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Oh Anne - I LOVE IT!!!!! :wub::wub: Having met sweet Alvar several times I know what a ton of hair he had and as beautiful as it was, this cut becomes him so. Marie's right, his eyes just look so big and expressive. I swear, he does look like a puppy. We all need something like that to take years off our lives. And I really don't think his leg hair is too short. He has that perfect fluffy hair that fills it out so he just looks soft and cuddly. Congratulations!!!:chili::chili: Can't wait to see him in person.
Awww, thank you! The legs are growing on me a bit, the groomer did a really nice job of blending them in with his body. They are a bit longer than the body, I guess I just pictured them a little longer.

xoxoxoxooxoxo
Thanks! I should weigh him! I hadn't thought to yet, I wonder how much he lost :w00t:

Are you kidding me??!!! :w00t: You got Alvar a hair cut??????

:chili::aktion033::chili::aktion033: I can't believe it!!! But I'm sure he's a happy camper!!!

He looked great before....and he looks great now!! How do you like it?
I did, had it all chopped off :w00t: He looks smaller and bigger to me at the same time, it's weird. I think I like it, he looks like a puppy again :wub:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts