Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dog and cat only get dry food, a bowl in the morning a dinner time. I feed Jolie high grade food but should she get "wet" food? My cat only likes her Whiskas (so bad) I've tryed to change her food a few times but it's never a go.... Anywho, please let me know what you think. Thank you

·
Registered
5,656 Posts
If you are a bad mom then so am I.
I also only feed dry food. I actually believe it is better because the crunching of the dry food helps to break up tartar and is a more balanced meal--wet food is something like 20% moisture and they get nothing out of that.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
No, you are not a bad Mommy
I also feed our little guy only dry food and our Vet says that is good. He(the Vet) was very happy when we first got Indy and told him all he would eat is the kibbles, if any get just a tad bit moist he will puts them aside
The Vet said it is very good for their teeth

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Your not a bad mommy, if you are a lot of us are! Rex only gets dry food. When we got him, he had a little tartar build up from a table food/dry food combo and our vet was happy that we had switched him to a dry food diet and that is all she recommended, not soft food, since he had tartar build up at such a young age. Now Rex is pretty much tartar free! Maybe we should all eat dry dog food, no more cavities!

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
I don't think you're a bad mommy! I feed Ruby dry kibble and a little Gerber chicken baby food mixed in. She's only 7 months old and my vet thinks its fine.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
I usually only feed dry food as well. Once in a while, I will cook for them but they are usually on dry food only.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Miko also only eats dry food. I have tried giving him wet food and he prefers dry now. However, the stuff about tartar being caused by wet food I am not sure is true. I have heard that its a myth and that you should be brushing your dog's teeth regardless of type of food they eat and that wet food is not necessarily is bad for their teeth.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Brinkley got wet or canned as a pup, but only b/c he was so finicky about his dry kibble. Once I found a dry he would eat, we stuck only to that.

·
Registered
7,621 Posts
I feed dry food also.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts