Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, now I don't know if my gut is maybe telling me something or if i'm overanalyzing this... Since I told my breeder that I am taking the pup and recently when I told her the day i'm flying in etc..., I haven't heard much from her. I know she is busy but i asked her how hes doing and how much he weighted now. She said she will get back when she gets to weight him but nothing... So I emailed again to ask how he is and she said hes fine and how his brother just left yesterday to his new home. Now the thing I don't get is thats only less than a week until I take my guy home but I got the feeling before when he was 12 wks that she wanted me to take him then? Also, couple times I've emailed her about him, she keeps mentioning his overbite and did it again in todays email... Now i'm getting worried what if its not the pup she sent me pics of etc... I asked if she could email me a recent pic of him but said its her sons cam. but he left to go out of town so if he gets back soon than she'll send pics... We both asked & answered the right questions so thats how I chose this breeder + shes on the AMA breeder list.
??? should I be worried about something?
Sorry guys & Thank you for letting me ramble on!!

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Do you have her phone number? You could call and ask some of these questions about his weight, etc. as any parent-to-be would. Then say you just want to be sure the other people didn't "accidentally" go home with the puppy you selected. I just don't know how you will know unless she sends you a recent picture.....that is a long trip and if she is trying to pull a fast one on you she may reason that after going to the trouble to fly in you will take whichever puppy she has.

I am not saying she is doing that but unless you can see for yourself before going you just have to go on faith that she is being on the up and up.

You can get her number on www.anywho.com if you have her address and name.

I sure hope this ends well, for your sake. I know this has been such an ordeal for you to find this furbaby.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I think it's normal to get the jitters. Your paying lots of money and fixing to become emotionaly attached to this pup. There are so many scary stories out there. PM me her name and I'll see if I know anything about her.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you all for your advice!! I do have her # and should call... I'm sure she is a reputable breeder but i'm not sure for these feelings... I've done my homework but maybe not enough? Thank you again!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts