Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My bf and I are both going out of town tomorrow and not only will we be separated from our precious Cloud and Noriko, but they will have to be separated as well.
My sister is taking care of Noriko and my cousin...Cloud. I have a feeling our babies will be super sad being completely away from family, so what I did was made special brunch and dinner for them. Their breakfast has their kibble mixed with apples and bananas. Their dinner has their kibble mixed with chicken rice porridge with veggies. My family thinks I'm nuts. But I don't know if they'll be happy and if they're not, they wont eat, right?

But everyone says I'm crazy. Would you guys do the same?

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Awwww, I did the same thing
bf and I went away for a few days and I left specific directions along with the regular vet and emergency vet phone #'s. In my directions I said to give their chicken nibble (fav treat) after they finished eating. While we were packing, the boys got so sad and I had to make them a special dinner
My bf is jealous of how good I treat the boys...he said he hopes he's reincarnated into my next dog

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
I know just want you mean!! I'm going camping this weekend with my kids and my DH doesn't want me to take Ruby!!! I don't know what to do....I'm thinking about not even going. I know I could just ignore him and take her anyway.....I'm thinking of that....lol Has anyone taken their furbaby camping?

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, they say I'm crazy, but I bet I'll be the first ones they'd ask to babysit their pup.

I don't think what I'm doing takes that much time. So why not? It sometimes makes me decide on healthier food for myself like eating grilled chicken versus McDonalds. I really love how exited they get when I cook for them! It's so sweet. Our babies don't ask much out of us, huh?

Rubyjeansmom--People think that it's unhealthy of me to not go on trips/vacations to just stay with my babies. At least I'm happy and I'm not spending more money!
Why can't people understand!? Maybe "they" are the crazy ones.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Rubyjeansmom--People think that it's unhealthy of me to not go on trips/vacations to just stay with my babies. At least I'm happy and I'm not spending more money! mad.gif Why can't people understand!? Maybe "they" are the crazy ones.

I know what you mean~when I told my daughter in law if Ruby couldn't go I wouldn't be going either-she literally thought I was out of my mind (especially because she's leaving my year old granddaughter home with her mom)
She thinks I'm over the top when it comes to Ruby.....well not just her....everybody lol....

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Originally posted by RubyJeansmom@Jul 15 2005, 01:25 AM
Has anyone taken their furbaby camping?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=81578
[/QUOTE]
Lexi went camping with us last summer. My parents have a pop up camper so we stayed in that. She loved it during the day but at night she had some problems with all the noise (night sounds and she could hear people outside). I think we are going camping in a few weeks (mid-Aug). There are so many people that are going with us that I think the girls and I are going to have to stay in a tent. It will be interesting!

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
I wouldn't want to leave Bella, I don't think I could.....so of course I don't think you're crazy for making them a special meal
I think your babies might like camping, but they'll be ok if they stay behind (easier said than done, huh?). I think as much as we all spoil our babies they must know that we love them and will always come back.

·
Registered
4,856 Posts
I thought the whole idea was to spoil them!

Yes, they will be fine, but boy will they be glad to see you back home! Just think of the homecoming you will get!

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I talk to my babies on the phone when I'm away.

I wouldnt feel bad at all if one of us stayed. Like, if I were to go on vacation and my bf stayed, then I wouldn't be worried and will have fun.

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
I agree. I got so nervous when i had to go to boston for my job... it was the first time i was seperated from Kodie. I left directions for my parents.... but i think it wasnt as bad for kodie because it was only 1 night and he was still in my bedroom while i was gone. It probably comforted him. Sometimes if i go out at night with my friends and leave Kodie home... sometimes he wont eat his dinner...
My parents also tell me that he sits by the front door and doesnt want to play... if hes in his pen in my bedroom he sometimes wont even show my parents attention and will just lay there and look up like hes mad... haha.. poor little guy.
He just doesnt understand that sometimes he cant come too...

I might be going to NYC for my job sometime within this up coming 6 months and its for 4 days straight... i will be staying there at a hotel because its just too crazy to come back and forth to my house with all that traffic. That will be the LONGEST i have been away from Kodie... I dunno what i'm gonna do...
I sure hope hes okay.

The only advice I have is to make sure to call and check in on your babies (of course your gonna do that anyway) and remember that you left them in the care of responsible people

·
Premium Member
949 Posts
Originally posted by ButterCloudandNoriko@Jul 15 2005, 12:37 AM
My bf and I are both going out of town tomorrow and not only will we be separated from our precious Cloud and Noriko, but they will have to be separated as well. 
My sister is taking care of Noriko and my cousin...Cloud.  I have a feeling our babies will be super sad being completely away from family, so what I did was made special brunch and dinner for them.  Their breakfast has their kibble mixed with apples and bananas.  Their dinner has their kibble mixed with chicken rice porridge with veggies.  My family thinks I'm nuts.  But I don't know if they'll be happy and if they're not, they wont eat, right? 

But everyone says I'm crazy.  Would you guys do the same?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=81570
[/QUOTE]
Just sounds like your a good Mommy

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I just dropped Cloud off (My bf dropped Noriko off). My cousin called and told me that he's just downstairs sitting right at the door. Soooooo SAAAAADDDDDDDD. But my cousin seems pretty happy to take care of him so that's good. I think he's going to be home alone alot because it's the weekend and her sister is there from out of town. Maybe her bf wont go out as much as the girls! teehee!

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
I know exactly what you are talking about. If we decide to go to Australia for a holiday it is going to be simply awful for Scooby and for us. We have some very good friends who are willing to take him in for the time we are gone but I know he is going to miss us as much as we will miss him. Our friends are as crazy as us when it comes to loving their furkids so we are not worried about them so much as Scooby fretting. I just hate to even think about it right now because it is a real worry to me.

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
You aren't crazy at all. It's hard to leave these little guys. We haven't had to do it yet but might in August for a family wedding in Cincy. If we do leave her it will be with her dog walker. All of my friends either have big dogs or small children......so, staying at her dog walkers home is really our only option, all she would have to deal with there is a cat and she really likes cats....probably because they are similar in size? :new_Eyecrazy:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.